What do the lights mean?
See the chart below for an explanation of some of the most common lights on your Communicator. For an explanation of all the lights on your Communicator, please see the "Troubleshooting" section of the LATITUDE patient manual.
What should I do if the Heart button is flashing?
Press and release the Heart button. The Heart button is flashing because the Communicator needs to complete setup or a scheduled interrogation. A flashing Heart button does not indicate there is a problem with your implanted device.
What does the flashing yellow LATITUDE indicator light mean?
The LATITUDE indicator light flashes yellow briefly during the startup process and flashes yellow longer during a software upgrade. The LATITUDE indicator light turns green after the startup process or software upgrade is complete.
I’ve been told my Communicator isn’t sending information using the Cellular Adapter, what are some troubleshooting steps I can take?
- Make sure the USB Cellular Adapter is plugged into the Communicator.
- Unplug your Communicator from the electrical outlet, wait 1 minute, then plug it back in.
- Move the Communicator to another location that may have better cellular reception.
To verify that troubleshooting was a success:
Press and hold the status button on the back of the Communicator until you see flashing green lights to the right of the heart. Solid green lights and a blue doctor icon will appear if the connection is successful. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.
What happens if the power goes out?
The Communicator has internal memory that stores your interrogation and other information in case the power is interrupted or the power cord is unplugged. The LATITUDE indicator light will turn green after power is restored to the Communicator.
Making sure your Communicator is working
To confirm that your Communicator is operating normally, follow these simple steps:
1. Press the status button on the back of the Communicator for one second.
2. If the Communicator lights up as shown below, your last interrogation was successful. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.