Diversity & Inclusion
Our Diversity and Inclusion vision and strategy
The incredible innovations we’ve made for patients worldwide all come down to the ideas, talents and tenacity of colleagues from all backgrounds. By nurturing a culture of collaboration, with a rich and diverse range of perspectives, we’ve created a more rewarding place to work. And by uniting in our shared vision to improve lives by advancing science, we’re seeing extraordinary results.
We’re dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment and sponsor a number of employee organizations and programs that reinforce our high performance culture, such as employee resource groups, training and professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities, career and succession planning, and community outreach.
Employee Resources Groups
Our employee resource groups are at the heart of our culture of diversity, collaborating across the business at all levels to promote awareness in a wide range of areas. What’s more, when people join and contribute to these groups, they’ll take on valuable new experiences and opportunities to handle new responsibilities.
If you’re ready to lend a hand, you can contribute to any one of our groups:
- BRIDGE – ‘Developing a Community of Black Leaders’ - Making connections across cultures and supporting employee development.
- HOLA – ‘Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Achievement’ - Celebrating Latino culture by building community and promoting the BSC brand.
- LEAD – ‘Leadership, Education and Allies for Disabilities’ - Building a team to help educate, engage and inspire greatness for everyone.
- PACE – ‘People Accepting and Celebrating Equality’ (LGBTA) - Uniting in solidarity to celebrate equality for all.
- PEARL – ‘Pacific East Asian Resources in Leadership’ - Celebrating and promoting the Asian heritage at work and the community.
- SAIL – ‘South Asians in Leadership’ - Connecting and sharing the South Asian culture.
- VETS – ‘Veterans & Employees Together in Service (Military)’ - Cultivating an atmosphere of gratitude and service to others.
- WOMEN’S NETWORK – ‘Professional Development and Advancement of Women’ - Promoting the health and education to support all women.
- YPN – ‘Young Professionals Network (Generations)’ - Volunteering and serving in the global communities we serve.
Our dedication to a diverse and supportive culture doesn’t stop with our employees. At Boston Scientific, we embrace the unique differences of communities around the world and we support many organizations within the communities in which our employees live.
Girls Inc. is a national effort to inspire girls to be strong, brave and smart. Our relationship here has led to colleagues acting as mentors, providing career advice and encouraging young women to become leaders in their communities.
Global STEM Initiative
Our STEM initiative is all about encouraging more girls to pursue science, technology, engineering and math-related subjects at school. It’s no secret that women are currently under represented in these areas, which would benefit strongly from ideas from a more diverse range of people.
Bridge to the Future
Bridge to the Future is a STEM outreach program for high school aged black students. Our volunteer coaches meet monthly with students and provide professional and personal learning opportunities and advice. Students involved in the program receive mentoring throughout their STEM college career and are provided with internship opportunities at Boston Scientific. After four years of involvement with this great program, our first students are now graduating college!
Close the Gap – Health Equity for Life program
Close the Gap aims to eliminate health disparities, helping to ensure all patients receive optimal healthcare regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity or primary language.
Learn more at www.yourhearthealth.com.
It’s not just our own people that have seen our dedication to diversity in the workplace. Boston Scientific has been recognized with the following workplace awards:
- Disability Equality Index (DEI) Best Places to Work - with a 100% score (2017, 2016)
- Latina Style’s 50 Best U.S. Companies for Latinas to Work (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Human Right's Council (HRC) Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – with a 100% Score (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Top supporter of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (2016)