Setting Up Your Communicator with the LATITUDE USB Ethernet Adapter
USB Ethernet Adapter
To set up your Communicator using an internet connection, you can use the LATITUDE USB Ethernet Adapter.
Contact LATITUDE Patient Services at (866) 484-3268 for details.
Where to Place Your Communicator
- By your internet modem/router.
- Near an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- Close to where you sleep or near your bedside, within 10 feet (3 meters). If this isn’t possible, place your Communicator where you spend a considerable amount of time each day.
- Where you can sit comfortably and see the front of the Communicator.
- Where the Communicator and all its cables and accessories will be kept dry and not be exposed to humidity or potential water contact.
1. Insert the power cord (included) into the jack as shown below and plug the cord into an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- The LATITUDE indicator will flash yellow for up to one minute.
- All the Communicator indicators will light for approximately one second.
- If the LATITUDE indicator is not lit, check that both ends of the power cord are plugged in firmly. Check if the light on the power cord is lit.
For the following steps, be sure to use the Ethernet cable from the USB Ethernet Adapter Kit and not the telephone cord provided with the Communicator.
2. Insert the standard (narrow) end of the USB cable (included with the USB Ethernet Adapter Kit) into the USB port on the Communicator as shown below. Then, insert the square end of the USB cable into the opposite end of the USB Ethernet Adapter closest to the adapter light.
3. Plug the Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port for your internet service, such as a modem, router or Ethernet wall jack. The USB Ethernet Adapter is properly connected if the green light in front is lit (solid or flashing).
4. When the Heart button flashes, press it.
5. Your Communicator’s wave lights will flash green in sequence and repeat for several minutes. If you have previously completed initial setup, the Heart button will not flash at this point.
6. Your Communicator has successfully connected to the LATITUDE system if the wave lights are lit a solid green as shown below. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.
- If this process takes longer than several minutes, software download and installation may be occurring.
- Refer to “Software Download and Installation” on page 35 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
- If the wave lights are not lit a solid green, refer to “Troubleshooting” on page 46 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
Resources and Support
We're Here to Help
Our LATITUDE Patient Services team is happy to help answer all your questions about using your LATITUDE system.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central