Setting Up Your Communicator with the LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter
It’s important to set up your Communicator right away so it can send information collected from your implanted device to your healthcare team. Simply review Where to Place your Communicator and Where to Place Your USB Cellular Adapter sections below and watch the Set-Up Video for more information.
USB Cellular Adapter
To set up your Communicator using a cellular data network, you will need the LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter.
Contact LATITUDE Patient Services at (866) 484-3268 for details.
Note: The LATITUDE USB Cellular Adapter does not use your personal cell phone.
Where to Place Your Communicator
- In a location where you get a good cell signal.
- Near an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- Close to where you sleep or near your bedside, within 10 feet (3 meters). If this isn’t possible, place your Communicator where you spend a considerable amount of time each day.
- Where you can sit comfortably and see the front of the Communicator.
- Where the Communicator and all its cables and accessories will be kept dry and not be exposed to humidity or potential water contact.
Where to Place Your USB Cellular Adapter
- Away from other electronic products or metal surfaces.
- Alongside the Communicator and not under or on top of it.
Important: Be sure to maintain a distance of at least 6 inches (15 cm) between the USB Cellular Adapter and your implanted device.
- If this process takes longer than several minutes, software download and installation may be occurring.
- Refer to “Software Download and Installation” on page 35 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
- If the wave lights are not lit a solid green, refer to “Troubleshooting” on page 46 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
Resources and Support
We're Here to Help
Our LATITUDE Patient Services team is happy to help answer all your questions about using your LATITUDE system.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central