Setting Up Your Communicator with a Standard Telephone Line Connection
It’s important to set up your Communicator right away so it can send information collected from your implanted device to your healthcare team.
Just follow the steps below to set up your Communicator using a standard telephone line connection.
Where to Place Your Communicator
- Near a telephone wall jack and electrical outlet that are easily accessible.
- Close to where you sleep or near your bedside, within 10 feet (3 meters). If this isn’t possible, place your Communicator where you spend a considerable amount of time each day.
- Where you can sit comfortably and see the front of the Communicator.
- Where the Communicator and all its cables and accessories will be kept dry and not be exposed to humidity or potential water contact.
1. Insert the power cord (included) into the jack as shown below and plug the cord into an electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
- The LATITUDE indicator will flash yellow for up to one minute.
- All the Communicator indicators will light for approximately one second.
- If the LATITUDE indicator is not lit, check that both ends of the power cord are plugged in firmly. Check if the light on the power cord is lit.
2. Plug one end of the Communicator telephone cord (included) into the jack as shown below and the other end of the cord into the telephone jack on the wall.
Note: If you have DSL internet service, you may need to use a DSL filter between the telephone wall jack and the Communicator. Refer to "DSL Internet Service" on page 71 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual for more information.
Optional: To use a telephone with this wall jack, you may plug your telephone into the jack on the Communicator labeled with an image of a phone. Your Communicator and a telephone can share the same telephone wall jack. However, they cannot be used at the same time.
3. When the Heart button flashes, press it.
4. Your Communicator’s wave lights will flash green in sequence and repeat for several minutes. If you have previously completed initial setup, the Heart button will not flash at this point.
5. Your Communicator has successfully connected to the LATITUDE system if the wave lights are lit a solid green as shown below. The lights will turn off automatically after two minutes.
- If this process takes longer than several minutes, software download and installation may be occurring.
- Refer to “Software Download and Installation” on page 35 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
- If the wave lights are not lit a solid green, refer to “Troubleshooting” on page 46 of the LATITUDE Patient Manual.
Resources and Support
We're Here to Help
Our LATITUDE Patient Services team is happy to help answer all your questions about using your LATITUDE system.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central