Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Advancing the Treatment of PAD. The Eluvia™ Drug-Eluting Vascular Stent System is specifically developed for the treatment of peripheral artery disease (PAD). The Eluvia stent utilizes a drug-polymer combination to offer sustained release of the drug paclitaxel for a one-year timeframe, designed to prevent tissue regrowth that might otherwise block the stented artery. The Eluvia stent was approved by the FDA based on findings from the IMPERIAL trial, in which the Eluvia stent demonstrated superior results in the first superficial femoral artery head-to-head drug-eluting stent trial.
Venous Therapies. Venous obstructive disease affects nearly 40 percent of the population in the U.S. and can be caused by conditions such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT), post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS) and compressive diseases such as May-Thurner syndrome. The VICI VENOUS STENT™ System was approved by the FDA for the treatment of iliofemoral venous obstructive disease, which occurs when the flow of blood through the veins located deep in the pelvic region becomes blocked by a blood clot or compressed by anatomical anomalies. Our venous portfolio also includes the AngioJet™ ZelanteDVT™ thrombectomy catheter to treat DVT in large-diameter upper and lower limb peripheral veins.
Tumor-Tackling Technologies. Our interventional oncology portfolio includes Bead Block, LC Bead and LC Bead LUMI embolization technologies, TheraSphere™ Y90 transarterial radioembolization treatment, and multiple ablation modalities, including RF and cryo, all designed to prevent growth and often completely obliterate tumors. Bead Block is also indicated for use in Uterine Fibroids, offering a minimally-invasive, curative solution to this prolific women’s health issue.
Conditions We Treat
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Critical Limb Ischemia
- Liver Cancer
- Uterine Fibroids
Solutions We Offer
- Peripheral Balloons and Stents
- Drug-Eluting Technologies
- Thrombectomy Systems
- Atherectomy Devices
- Coils and Spherical Embolics
1. US Figure: Gerotziafas GT, et al. Prophylaxis of Venous Thromboembolism in Medical Patients. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2004; 10:356-365.
Europe Figure: Cohen AT, Agnelli G, Anderson FA, Arcelus JI, Bergqvist D, Brecht JG, Greer IA, Heit JA, Hutchinson JL, Kakkar AK, Mottier D, Oger E, Samama MM, Spannagl M; VTE Impact Assessment Group in Europe (VITAE). Venous thromboembolism (VTE) in Europe. The number of VTE events and associated morbidity and mortality. Thromb Haemost. 2007 Oct;98(4):756-64.
2. Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis Fowkes, F Gerald R et al. The Lancet , Volume 382 , Issue 9901 , 1329 - 1340.
3. Alvaro Alonso, MD, and Lawrence A. Garcia. The Costs of Critical Limb Ischemia. Endovascular Today. 2011; Aug: 32-36
4. American Cancer Society. Key Statistics on Liver Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/livercancer/detailedguide/liver-cancer-what-is-key-statistics. Accessed March 23, 2016.