We understand that chronic pain and neurological diseases can be debilitating for patients. That’s why we’re dedicated to working closely with both physicians and patients to develop meaningful, industry-leading solutions that improve the quality of life for millions worldwide.
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Leading in Spinal Cord Stimulation. Our Spinal Cord Stimulation business rose to number one in the U.S. market driven by the unprecedented results of our Precision Spectra™ System. At the heart of this system is the proprietary Illumina 3D™ Algorithm - the first and only programming algorithm based on a 3D anatomical model. In 2015 the Boston Scientific Portfolio grew to include Precision Novi™; the smallest, thinnest high-capacity non-rechargeable device. And now, with the recent approval of Precision Montage™ MRI, our portfolio includes an option for patients who require full-body MRI scans.*
Technology-Leading Radiofrequency Ablation. With the acquisition of Cosman Medical, we now offer radiofrequency ablation (RFA) systems used by physicians to treat patients with chronic pain. RFA is a versatile outpatient procedure that is often used prior to SCS in the treatment continuum for chronic pain and has a more than 50-year track record of providing relief for patients with chronic pain.
Advancing Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy. We received CE mark for the Vercise™ Primary Cell (PC) Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) System with the Vercise Cartesia Directional Lead.** The device helps treat and reduce symptoms for movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Dystonia and Essential Tremor, and exemplifies our commitment to developing transformative technologies for patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
* MR Conditional: The Precision Montage MRI SCS System provides safe access to Full-Body MRI Scans only when used with the Avista MRI Leads and exposed to the MRI environment under the specific conditions defined in the ImageReady MRI Full Body Guidelines for Precision Montage MRI Spinal Cord Stimulator System.
**This device is not available for use or sale in the U.S.
Conditions We Treat
Solutions We Offer
1. Institute of Medicine Report from the Committee on Advancing Pain Research, Care, and Education: Relieving Pain in America, A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education and Research. The National Academies Press, 2011.
http://www.nap.edu/read/13172/chapter/2. Accessed March 25, 2016.
2. PAIN MEDICINE POSITION PAPER. Pain Medicine, Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 972–1000, September 2009. Michel Y. Dubois MD, Rollin M. Gallagher MD, MPH and Philipp M. Lippe MD http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1526-4637.2009.00696.x/full. Accessed March 25, 2016.
3. Partners for Understanding Pain Electronic Press Kit SURVEY SHOWS MYTHS, MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT PAIN COMMON AMONG AMERICANS. https://www.theacpa.org/uploads/documents/Partners%20for%20Understanding%20Pain%20Electronic%20Press%20Kit1.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2016.
4. Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Statistics on Parkinson’s. http://www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_statistics. Accessed March 28, 2016.
5. Louis, E. D., & Ottman, R. (2014). How Many People in the USA Have Essential Tremor? Deriving a Population Estimate Based on Epidemiological Data. Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements, 4, 259. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137360/#. Accessed March 28, 2016.