Industry-leading solutions for urological, and urogynecological diseases
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Changing the Scope Market. Boston Scientific deployed research teams into operating rooms around the world to study how flexible ureteroscopy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy procedures are being conducted and how they can be improved. The research showed that retrieving kidney stones is one of the most time-consuming steps during ureteroscopy procedures. Urologic surgeons would highly value increasing surgeon control during this step of the procedure and limiting the effort required to coordinate people, tools and movements. We introduced the LithoVue Empower™ Retrieval Deployment Device, designed to be used with the LithoVue™ Single-Use Digital Flexible Ureteroscope, turning a two-person stone basketing procedure into a single-person procedure.
Expanding Options for Addressing Men's Health. We have a growing prostate health treatment portfolio of products that improve the quality of life and clinical outcomes for men with prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
The SpaceOAR® System is used to reduce common side effects that men may experience after receiving prostate cancer radiotherapy. The hydrogel spacer is injected in between the prostate and the rectum, pushing the rectum outside the field of radiation throughout the duration of their radiation therapy, resulting in a reduction of radiation exposure to the organs and tissues surrounding the prostate. SpaceOAR VUE™ Hydrogel is a next-generation, radiopaque model of the spacer, that offers enhanced visibility via CT scan, designed to help physicians improve contouring accuracy and consistently position patients receiving prostate cancer radiation.
The Rezūm™ System is an innovative minimally invasive therapy designed to treat the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Unlike a permanent implant that lifts the prostate out of the way while it continues to grow, Rezūm therapy delivers sterile steam directly to the targeted tissue. Clinical studies prove that the steam actually reduces the volume of the prostate.1,2
Conditions Our Customers Manage (using our devices):
- Kidney Stones
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pelvic Floor Disorders (Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse)
Solutions We Offer
- Stone Management
- BPH Management
- Prostate Cancer Adjunctive Therapy
- Penile Implants for Erectile Dysfunction
- Urinary Control Systems for Male Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Mid-Urethral Sling for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence
1. McVary KT, Rogers T, Roehrborn CG. Rezūm water vapor thermal therapy for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from randomized controlled study. Urology. 2019 Apr;126:171-9.
2. Mynderse L A, Hanson D, Robb R et al. Rezūm system water vapor treatment for lower urinary tract symptoms/benign prostatic hyperplasia: validation of convective thermal energy transfer and characterization with magnetic resonance imaging and 3-dimensional renderings. Urology. 2015 Jul;86(1):122-7.
6. Scales CD Jr, Smith AC, Hanley JM, et al. Prevalence of kidney stones in the United States. Eur Urol. 2012 Jul;62(1):160-15.
7. American Urological Association. 2016. www.auanet.org/education/benign-prostatic-hypertrophy.cfm www.auanet.org/education/benign-prostatic-hypertrophy.cfm. Accessed May 20, 2016.
8. Olsen AL, Smith VJ, Bergstrom JO, Colling JC, Clark AL (1997) Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Obstet Gynecol 89(4):501-506.