Industry leader in minimally invasive devices and services for diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal and airway conditions
Helping Patients with Esophageal Cancer in East Africa
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Supporting Infection Prevention.. The EXALT™ Model D Single-Use Duodenoscope is the first FDA cleared single-use duodenoscope, enabling physicians to complete endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures to diagnose and treat various pancreatic and biliary conditions. EXALT Model D was developed as an alternative to reusable duodenoscopes, eliminating the need for reprocessing and repairs, and allowing physicians to use a new, sterile device for every procedure.
Addressing Outcomes. The SpyGlass™ DS Direct Visualization System, a single-use, single-operator digital cholangioscope, enables physicians to see high resolution images from inside the biliary, hepatic and pancreatic ducts during ERCP. When used with the SpyBite™ Max Biopsy Forceps, physicians can take targeted biopsies of strictures to diagnose diseases such as cholangiocarcinoma or pancreatic cancer. When used with EHL or laser lithotripsy, physicians can effectively and efficiently treat pancreaticobiliary stones.
Less-invasive Treatment Alternatives. The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System offers an endoscopic alternative for transgastric or transduodenal drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocysts and certain types of walled-off necrosis - two serious complications of pancreatitis.
Offering Services and Solutions. Boston Scientific offers a range of healthcare services and solutions aimed to support endoscopy clinicians maintain costs, improve operational efficiencies and deliver high-quality patient care. We offer a GI-specialized pathology lab focused solely on the diagnosis of GI diseases, access to scope repair services, and a range of infection prevention products and solutions for use in the endoscopy suite.
Conditions our customers treat with Boston Scientific products
- Malignant and Benign Tumors
- Gastrointestinal Cancers & Diseases
- Pancreaticobiliary Stones
- Pulmonary Diseases & Lung Cancer
- Airway & Breathing Conditions
- Digestion & Nutrition
- Upper and Lower GI bleeding
Products and Solutions We Offer
- Biliary Access
- Biliary Stricture and Stone Management
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Stents: Enteral & Esophageal
- Tissue Resection
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Enteral feeding
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Submucosal lifting agents
- Infection prevention
- Single-use imaging
- Single-use scopes
Services We Offer
- GI Specialized Pathology
1. As of August 2017. Based on data from the U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market Forecast & Trends 2017-2020.
2. David J. Bjorkman, MD, MSPH (HSA), SM (Epid.) reviewing Button LA et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011 Jan, Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding Incidence and Mortality, NEJM, Feb 04, 2011
3. Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Snyder AK, Horton RA. Endoscope Reprocessing Methods: A Prospective Study on the Impact of Human Factors and Automation. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2010; 33(4): 304-311.
4. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2014. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2014