Industry leader in minimally invasive devices and services for diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal and pulmonary conditions.
Helping Patients with Esophageal Cancer in East Africa
By combining a relentless dedication to developing less-invasive endoscopy technologies with a spirit of collaboration with healthcare professionals, we’re reducing the total cost of patient care and making a meaningful and lasting impact on patients’ lives.
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Improving Outcomes. The SpyGlass™ DS Direct Visualization System, a single-use, single-operator digital cholangioscope, enables physicians to see high resolution images from inside the biliary, hepatic and pancreatic ducts during ERCP. When used with the SpyBite™ Biopsy Forceps, physicians can take targeted biopsies of strictures to diagnose diseases such as cholangiocarcinoma or pancreatic cancer. When used with EHL or laser lithotripsy, physicians can effectively and efficiently treat pancreaticobiliary stones. We also offer a range of solutions for scope repair, infection prevention, and community wellness.
Less-invasive Treatment Alternatives. The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System offers an endoscopic alternative for transgastric or transduodenal drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocysts and certain types of walled-off necrosis - two serious complications of pancreatitis.
Providing Services and Solutions. Boston Scientific offers a range of services and solutions that provide specialized support for endoscopy clinicians. We offer a pathology lab focused solely on the diagnosis of GI diseases, scope repair services, and a range of products and solutions for infection prevention in the endoscopy suite.1
Conditions Our Customer’s Treat
- Malignant and Benign Tumors
- Gastrointestinal Cancers & Diseases
- Pancreaticobiliary Stones
- Pulmonary Diseases & Lung Cancer
- Airway & Breathing Conditions
- Digestion & Nutrition
- Upper and Lower GI bleeding
Products and Solutions We Offer
- Biliary Access
- Biliary Stricture and Stone Management
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Stents: Enteral & Esophageal
- Tissue Resection
- Endoscopic Lesion Resection
- Enteral feeding
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Submucosal lifting agents
- Infection prevention
Services We Offer
- GI Specialized Pathology
- GI Lab Optimization
1. As of August 2017. Based on data from the U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market Forecast & Trends 2017-2020.
2. David J. Bjorkman, MD, MSPH (HSA), SM (Epid.) reviewing Button LA et al. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011 Jan, Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding Incidence and Mortality, NEJM, Feb 04, 2011
3. Ofstead CL, Wetzler HP, Snyder AK, Horton RA. Endoscope Reprocessing Methods: A Prospective Study on the Impact of Human Factors and Automation. Gastroenterol Nurs. 2010; 33(4): 304-311.
4. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2014. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2014