IVUS Guidance Elevates Coronary Outcomes
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is a core tenet of the SYNTAX II methodology for state-of-the-art PCI. The study’s five-year outcomes, along with several other highly-regarded trials, demonstrate that IVUS visualization optimizes long-term outcomes by enabling more comprehensive procedure planning, execution, and assessment.
Clinical data consistently shows the benefits of IVUS to determine treatment strategy, guide stent placement, and assess procedural results.
- Minimum lumen area in the stented segment more than 5.00mm2 or 90% of the minimal lumen area at the distal reference segments
- Plaque burden 5mm proximal or distal to the stent edge <50%
- No edge dissection involving the media with length more than 3mm
- Statistically higher MACE rates when stent deformation occurred
- Stent deformation at 3 years: 28% MACE
- No stent deformation at 3 years: 13% MACE