IVUS 123 Essentials
IVUS elevates PCI outcomes.1 Clinical data consistently shows the benefits of IVUS to determine treatment strategy, guide stent placement, and assess procedural results. We developed IVUS 123 Essentials in partnership with physicians to simplify IVUS workflow and help improve outcomes for patients.
IVUS 123 Essentials with Dr. Simon Walsh
Dr. Simon Walsh walks through how to use this step-by-step guide before and after every PCI procedure.
What are the problems to be solved?
1. How long is the lesion to safely cover the plaque?
2. What is the plaque type and does it need modification prior to stenting?
3. What is the vessel size and what sized stent is required?
Take these 3 actions to determine treatment strategy.
1. Establish lesion length and define landing zones.
2. Assess plaque morphology.
3. Measure the vessel size.
Ensure the best possible patient outcome by taking these final 3 actions:
1. Check for geographic miss (a) and edge dissection (b).
2. Check for malapposition.
3. Check for optimal stent expansion.
Other IVUS resources
1. The SYNTAX II Trial studied the SYNERGY Bioabsorbable Polymer Stent in patients with either CTO or three vessel disease. The SYNTAX I trial studied the TAXUS Express2 drug eluting stent in patients with either Left Main or three vessel disease. Banning, Adrian, MBBS, MD. Clinical outcomes after state-of-the-art percutaneous coronary revascularization in patients with de novo three vessel disease: 5-year results of the SYNTAX II study. ESC Congress 2021.