and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System
The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System* is the first and currently the only stent indicated for transgastric or transduodenal endoscopic drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocysts and walled-off necrosis under EUS imaging guidance in the U.S., providing an endoscopic treatment option. Previous available technologies for endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocysts were not originally designed or intended for this type of treatment.
The AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System enables therapeutic endoscopists to access a symptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst and wallled-off necrosis via a transgastric or transduodenal approach and place the AXIOS Stent.
The system combines a cautery-enabled access catheter with the therapeutic AXIOS Stent for a streamlined, exchange-free procedure.
The AXIOS System is used under combined endoscopic and EUS guidance. Its electrocautery-enhanced delivery system is designed to facilitate smooth, efficient access into the target structure.
“The AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System provides a simpler and faster treatment option for patients, we can now provide an endoscopic solution that provides relief for these patients using one device in a single setting.”
— Kenneth Binmoeller, M.D., California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, Inventor of the AXIOS System
How it Works
- Under EUS guidance, the AXIOS catheter is energized and advanced through the tissue walls and into the target structure
- The catheter sheath is retracted and the AXIOS Stent is deployed
- The delivery system is then withdrawn
- Proprietary one-step combined diathermic ring and cut-wire provides access into target tissue
- MRI conditional, fully covered self-expanding metal stent pre-loaded in the delivery catheter
- Perpendicular flanges secure tissue layers and help prevent migration
- Three sizes available, with the largest featuring a 20mm lumen for drainage
- Large diameter lumen apposition stent enables drainage allowing passage of the endoscope through the stent for additional therapeutic procedures including cystoscopy, irrigation and debridement
“The 20mm AXIOS Stent size was ideal for my patient with a large PFC/WON as it allowed rapid drainage of solid and liquid contents and will greatly facilitate endoscopic necrosectomy going forward.”
— Douglas G Adler MD, FACG, AGAF, FASGE, University of Utah School of Medicine, Huntsman Cancer Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
Physician & Patient Resources
Read about the latest hot topics, news, and innovations in endoscopy.
Find Education and Training
Advance your skills and practice with physician-led videos, reimbursement tools and more.