Dosimetric Feasibility of Neurovascular Bundle-Sparing Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy with Periprostatic Hydrogel Spacer for Localized Prostate Cancer to Preserve Erectile Function
By: Hwang ME, Mayeda M, Shaish H, et al.
- Study was retrospective in nature.
- The SpaceOAR™ Hydrogel pivotal study did not use SBRT so the results may not be comparable.
- This study was not designed or powered to make definitive claims about the benefits of a spacer.
- These results may not be achieved with other SBRT protocols.
- Contours of the NVB were performed by a single expert prostate radiologist.
- This NVB-sparing technique is limited to men with visible NVB classically located posterolateral to the prostate, accounting for approximately half to two-thirds of men with prostate cancer.
- Day-to-day variation in dose per fraction is more likely to affect the NVB than other organs-at-risk. This variability cannot be evaluated from the treatment plan. Comparison of planned NVB dose with delivered NVB dose will therefore be of clinical interest moving forward
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got the answers.
Get SpaceOAR Hydrogel
Become a certified applier.
Get exclusive updates and clincial data.
- Hwang ME, Mayeda M, Shaish H, Elliston CD, Spina CS, Wenske S, et al. Dosimetric feasibility of neurovascular bundle-sparing stereotactic body radiotherapy with periprostatic hydrogel spacer for localized prostate cancer to preserve erectile function. Br J Radiol 2021; 94: 20200433.
SBRT was not the method used in the SpaceOAR Hydrogel single-blind Phase III trial performed to evaluate dosimetric and clinical effects of SpaceOAR Hydrogel. IG-IMRT delivered at 79.2 Gy in 1.8-Gy fractions was the method used.
Results from case studies are not necessarily predictive of results in other cases. Results in other cases may vary.
The content of this article/publication is under the sole responsibility of its author/publisher and does not represent the opinion of BSC.
Caution: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
CAUTION: The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings and instructions for use can be found in the product labeling supplied with each device. Information for use only in countries with applicable health authority registrations. This material not intended for use in France.
Products shown for INFORMATION purposes only and may not be approved or for sale in certain countries. Please check availability with your local sales representative or customer service.
All images are the property of Boston Scientific. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.