EKOS offers a safe and effective treatment to dissolve thrombus in the body's vascular system. With Level 1, Long-Term, and Quality of Life data, EKOS is the most studied device in the space.
EKOS uses targeted ultrasonic waves in combination with clot-dissolving drugs in the treatment of PE. Clinical evidence shows the therapy's ability to effectively target an entire clot without an increase in bleeding complications.
EKOS has been shown to yield safe and effective results for acute, massive and submassive PE.
- Reduces RV/LV ratio by more than 23% on average in as little as 2 hours
- Reduces PA pressures by 28% (at 48 hours)
- Up to 88-92% less thrombolytic dose than standard systemic treatment 1,2
- Minimized risk of bleeding
|ULTIMA||23% (24 hours)|
|SEATTLE II||25% (48 hours)|
|OPTALYSE||23-26% (48 hours)|
EKOS has been shown to have a low risk of bleeding and ICH.
- Low major bleeding rate across studies (1.44%)
- ICH rate of 0.4% across major studies, two with 0 instances of ICH
|ULTIMA||0% (Major bleed) | 0 (ICH)||20mg|
|SEATTLE II||0.67% (Severe bleed) | 0 (ICH)||24mg|
|OPTALYSE||3% (Major bleed) | 1 (ICH)||4/8mg-12/24mg|
2. Konstantinides S, Geibel A, Heusel G, et al. Heparin plus alteplase compared with heparin alone in patients with submassive pulmonary embolism. N Engl J Med.2002;347:1143–1150.