Tactra™ Malleable Penile Prosthesis
How the Tactra Penile Implant Works
Contained completely inside the shaft of the penis, the Tactra Malleable Penile Implant is simple to operate. It can be positioned with minimal effort and enables the penis to remain erect for as long as desired.2
The Tactra Penile Implant is made of thick, dual layers of silicone over a Nitinol (nickel titanium) core for natural feel and optimal rigidity and durability.2 The device includes one pair of cylinders inserted into the penis.
Men position the device for intercourse. Typically, sensation and ejaculation will feel like how they felt prior to the ED device implant.1 When not in use for sex, the implant can be manually pushed down for concealment, for a discreet, natural appearance.2 The Tactra Penile Implant is designed to feel natural for both partners during sex.2
See How Your Implant Works
Penile Implant Risks
As with any medical procedure, complications can occur. You can find an overview of the risks of a Boston Scientific penile implant below, but individuals are recommended to talk to their doctor about the risks and benefits associated with each device.
Side effects include, but are not limited to: 3
- Natural or spontaneous erections as well as other interventional treatment options will no longer be possible
- Infection, in which case the implant may have to be removed
- Pain, which is typically associated with the healing process
- Mechanical failure of the implant
Resources and Support
1. Penile Implants-Erectile Dysfunction. Sex Health Matters Website: https://www.sexhealthmatters.org/erectile-dysfunction/penile-implants-erectile-dysfunction/P7. Accessed December 3, 2014.
2. Data on file with Boston Scientific.
3. TactraTM Malleable Penile Implant Directions for Use. Boston Scientific 2018.
Caution: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.