How to use your penile implant
The Spectra™ Concealable Penile Implant is often recommended to men with limited dexterity or mobility. The implant includes a pair of semi-rigid cylinders placed inside the penis. The cylinders are bendable, so the implant can be manually lifted up for intercourse and manually pushed down when not in use.
Your implant in action:
- Once positioned in place for intercourse, your penis will be stiff and rigid like a natural erection which will last as long as you desire1
- Your implant will be completely undetectable and no one will know it’s there unless you choose to tell them1
See how the Spectra Concealable Penile Implant works to improve sexual function.
This video plays with no sound
Penile implant risks
As with any medical procedure, complications can occur. Find an overview of the side effects of a Boston Scientific penile implant below, but talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits associated with each device.
Side effects include, but are not limited to:¹
- Natural or spontaneous erections will no longer be possible
- Interventional treatment will no longer be possible
- Infection, in which case the implant may have to be removed
- Pain, which is typically associated with the healing process
- Mechanical failure of the prosthesis