How to use your penile prosthesis
The Tactra™ Malleable Penile Prosthesis is simple to operate and discreetly contained entirely inside the body. The implant is made of thick, dual layers of silicone over a Nitinol (nickel titanium) core for optimal rigidity and durability.1 The device includes one pair of cylinders inserted into the penis.
Your prosthesis in action
- Men position the device for intercourse and the prosthesis should feel natural for both partners1
- When not in use, the prosthesis can be pushed down to easily conceal.1
- Your prosthesis will be completely undetectable and no one will know it’s there unless you choose to tell them.1
See how the prosthesis works
See how the Tactra Malleable Penile Prosthesis works to improve sexual function.
This video plays with no sound
Understanding the risks
As with any medical procedure, complications can occur. Find an overview of the side effects of a Boston Scientific penile implant below, but talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits associated with each device.
Side effects include, but are not limited to:¹
- Natural or spontaneous erections will no longer be possible
- Interventional treatment will no longer be possible
- Infection, in which case the implant may have to be removed
- Pain, which is typically associated with the healing process
- Mechanical failure of the prosthesis