Supporting Small Businesses and Supplier Diversity
Boston Scientific is engaged in an ongoing effort to build diversity and inclusion into every aspect of our company, including our supply chain.
To that end, Boston Scientific is committed to the sustained support of Small and Diverse Businesses who share our dedication to improving the quality of patient care.
As part of our procurement process, we will proactively provide maximum practical opportunities for certified:
- Minority-Owned Businesses
- Women-Owned Businesses
- Women-Owned Small Businesses
- Small Businesses Enterprises
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses
- Veteran-Owned Businesses
- Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
- LGBTQ Businesses
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprises
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- Historically Underutilized Business (HUBZone)
We will drive the success of the program through the following:
- Establish a Supplier Registration Portal to as a way for small and diverse suppliers to communicate with Boston Scientific and for procurement professionals to identify potential diversity and small businesses for inclusion in competitive bid opportunities.
- Active membership in local, regional and national organizations that support small and diverse suppliers.
- Participate in outreach activities that support small and diverse suppliers.
- Research qualified suppliers through supplier directories and databases.
- Counsel diverse businesses on Boston Scientific procurement procedures and expectations to enhance their potential participation.
By creating partnerships with Small and Diverse suppliers, we add to the economic and social vitality these businesses bring to their communities.
Boston Scientific is a member and supporter of the following Supplier Diversity Organizations:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC)
- Diversity Alliance for Science (DA4S)
Central Contractors Registry
Boston Scientific utilizes a third party that pulls classification data from the Central Contractors Registry (CCR). We recommend that suppliers also register at the CCR site.
The Help Guide for registering on CCR explains what information you will need in order to register.
To register, visit the: Central Contractors Registry page and click on “Start New Registration” in the middle of the page.
CCR is a web site created and run by the Federal Government for the purpose of allowing companies to register as small businesses, in order to get government contracts as qualified SBEs. When registering on this site, a company can also report ownership information and classify itself as woman-owned, minority-owned, veteran-owned, etc. Our third party vendor provides us with a monthly data feed from CCR so that we can see what companies are classified as diverse or have been approved as small businesses by using the SBA size standards.
CCR offers free registration and the process is relatively quick and easy, compared to third-party certification which often requires a fee, multiple forms, long review process, on-site visits, etc. CCR is a nice “first step” to getting your diversity and size status officially documented so that you will have a level of assurance that your diverse/small spend is accurate and verified.
Submit Your Supplier Profile
If you wish to be considered to become a Boston Scientific supplier, complete and submit your Supplier Profile.Submit your supplier profile