Celebrating 50 years of AUS, 250,000 devices sold and AMS 800™ - The Gold Standard 1-4
AMS 800™ Artificial Urinary Sphincter
The AMS 800™ AUS simulates normal sphincter function by opening and closing the urethra, under patient control. When the cuff is closed, urine stays in the bladder.4
AdVance™ XP Male Sling System
In April 2016, Neurourology and Urodynamics published Artificial Urinary Sphincter: Report of the 2015 Consensus Conference.
In September 2016, The Journal of Urology published Long-Term Quality of Life and Functional Outcomes among Primary and Secondary Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantations in Men with Stress Urinary Incontinence.
In April 2013, European Urology published The Artificial Urinary Sphincter After a Quarter of a Century: A Critical, Systematic Review of its Use in Male Non-Neurogenic Incontinence.
In September 2007, European Urology published Transobturator Sling Suspension for Male Urinary Incontinence Including Post-radical Prostatectomy.
In May 2014, Urology published Comparison of Clinical Outcomes Between “Ideal” and “Nonideal” Transobturator Male Sling Patients for Treatment of Postprostatectomy Incontinence.
In January 2021, Urologia Internationalis published Five-Year Results of a Prospective Multicenter Trial: AdVance XP for Postprostatectomy-Incontinence in Patients with Favorable Prognostic Factors.
Videos for Physicians
For more educational resources, visit EDUCARE, an interactive online resource center which offers healthcare professionals a personalized experience. Access a wide range of content on demand ranging from procedural videos to hands-on training sessions - in one convenient location.
If you have used this product, we encourage you to share your story on the treatment of stress urinary incontinence.
Click the link below to learn how you can read other’s stories and share your own.
AMS 700 Inflatable Penile Prosthesis
Trusted by urologists for over half a million ED patients.4
1. Biardeau X, Aharony S; AUS Consensus Group, et al. Artificial Urinary Sphincter: Report of the 2015 Consensus Conference. Neurourol Urodyn. 2016 Apr;35 Suppl 2:S8-24.
2. Montague DK. Artificial urinary sphincter: long-term results and patient satisfaction. Adv Urol. 2012;2012:835290.
3. James MH, McCammon KA. Artificial urinary sphincter for post-prostatectomy incontinence: a review. Int J Urol. 2014 Jun;21(6):536-43.
4. Data on file with Boston Scientific.
5. AMS 800™ Urinary Control System Instructions for Use. American Medical Systems, Inc. 2017.
6. Van der Aa F, Drake MJ, Kasyan GR et.al. The artificial urinary sphincter after a quarter of a century: a critical systematic review of its use in male non-neurogenic incontinence. Eur Urol. 2013 Apr;63(4):681-9.
7. Boswell TC, Elliott DS, Rangel LJ, et.al. Long-term device survival and quality of life outcomes following artificial urinary sphincter placement. Transl Androl Urol. 2020;9(1):56-61.
8. Cornu JN, Batista Da Costa J, Henry N, et al. Comparative study of AdVance and AdVance XP male slings in a tertiary reference center. Eur Urol. 2014 Feb;65(2):502-4.
9. Mumm JN, Klehr B, Rodler S, et al. Five-year results of a prospective multicenter trial: AdVance XP for postprostatectomy-incontinence in patients with favorable prognostic factors. Urol Int. 2021 Jan 29;1-7.
10. Rizvi IG, Ravindra P, Pipe M, et al. The AdVance™ male sling: does it stand the test of time? Scand J Urol. 2021 Feb 1:1-6.