Increasing HeartLogic Alert Level Leads to Proactive Check with Intervention and Rapid Resolution of Heart Failure Symptoms
HeartLogic™ Heart Failure Index
- Chronic HFrEF stable at NYHA class II symptoms
- Paroxysmal atrial flutter/Afib
- Previous CRT-D implantation
- CAD, i schemic cardiomyopathy
- LVEF reported at 20% in 2017
Timeline Prior to Alert:
Day 1: CRT-D change out due to ERI indicator. Implanted RESONATE with HeartLogic Heart Failure Diagnostic. Atrial flutter at implant with successful pace termination.
- Latitude enabled with HeartLogic tailored for device reporting to EP/device clinicians. HeartLogic reporting tailored to heart failure (HF) cardiologist in practice. Weight scale and blood pressure cuff ordered.
- Post-op/wound check with recurrent atrial flutter and successful pace termination. Sleep incline calibrated. Patient symptomatic.
(A) Day 81: Proactive device check at remote clinic due to patient symptoms with increasing HeartLogic score (56). Patient back in atrial flutter with successful pace termination.
- Patient referred back to EP for arrhythmia management and possible ablation.
- HeartLogic data evaluated by HF physician with addition of Torsemide 20mg and Metolazone 2.5mg and d/c Furosemide 40mg.
Explore More Case Studies
Find out how HeartLogic alerted physicians of worsening heart failure (HF) a day after a patient’s follow-up visit.
Explore the case of a 68-year-old woman with a history of complex cardiac issues who was remotely monitored with HeartLogic.
See how a HeartLogic alert detected signs of worsening heart failure due to medication non-compliance.