A Global Leader in Meaningful, Industry-leading Solutions for Chronic Pain and Neurological Diseases
Pain relief made personal
Advancing Deep Brain Stimulation. Because Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, neurodegenerative disorder, it’s critical to provide therapy that is designed to adapt with the patient’s evolving needs. The Vercise Genus™ Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) System -- with rechargeable and non-rechargeable options -- is approved for conditional use in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) environment.1 With Cartesia™ Directional Leads, Vercise Genus manages the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease through eight individually controlled electrodes on each lead, allowing physicians to adjust the range, shape, position and direction of electrical stimulation. These features are engineered to help reduce unwanted side effects and adapt for continued symptom relief.
Personalizing Pain Therapy. Each patient experiences pain differently, and pain can change over time. That’s why the WaveWriter Alpha™ Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) Systems are designed to provide personalized, long-lasting pain relief. The portfolio of SCS devices is full-body MRI conditional2, offering proprietary Fast Acting Sub-perception Therapy (FAST™) engineered to provide profound paresthesia-free pain relief to patients in minutes. With the ability to provide multiple therapies in one device, patients and their physicians are given the options to find the therapy that works best for them.
Setting the Standard. The Vertiflex® Procedure (Superion® Indirect Decompression System) is a clinically proven, minimally invasive solution designed to deliver long-term relief for the pain associated with moderate lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS). In a clinical study, many patients reduced the use of opioids after the Vertiflex Procedure.3,8,9
Leading Radiofrequency Ablation. We offer radiofrequency ablation (RFA) systems used by physicians to treat patients with chronic pain. RFA is a versatile outpatient procedure that is often used prior to SCS in the treatment continuum for chronic pain and has more than 50-year track record of providing relief for patients.
Conditions We Treat
- Chronic Pain
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Essential Tremor4
Solutions We Offer
- Rechargeable and Non-rechargeable Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Indirect Decompression Systems
- Radiofrequency Ablation Systems
- Rechargeable and Non-rechargeable Deep Brain Stimulation Systems
1. The Vercise Genus™ DBS System provides safe access to full-body 1.5T MRI scans when used with specific components and the patient is exposed to the MRI environment under specific conditions defined in the supplemental manual ImageReady™ MRI Guidelines for Boston Scientific DBS Systems.
2. The WaveWriter Alpha™ and WaveWriter Alpha™ Prime Spinal Cord Stimulator Systems provide safe access to full-body 1.5T MRI scans when used with specific components and exposed to the MRI environment under the defined conditions in the ImageReady™ MRI Full Body Guidelines for WaveWriter Alpha™ and WaveWriter Alpha™ Prime Spinal Cord Stimulator Systems
3. Nunley, et al. Journal of Pain Research. 2018:11 2943–2948.
4. Not available for sale in U.S.
5. Bennett GJ. Neuropathic pain: an overview. In: Borsook D, ed. Progress in Pain Research and Management. Vol. 9. Seattle, Wa: IASP Press; 1997:109–113.
8. Decrease in the proportion of patients using opioids compared to baseline at five year interval.
9. Results from clinical studies are not predictive of results in other studies. Results in other studies may vary.