Paclitaxel-Coated PTA Balloon Catheter
Backed by multiple Level-1 Randomized Controlled Trials, Ranger provides exceptional outcomes, effortless deliverability, and efficient drug transfer.
Ranger demonstrated consistent results with nearly 90% patency at 12-months in the RANGER II SFA and COMPARE Randomized Controlled Trials1.
Built on the market-leading .018” Sterling balloon platform2 with .014”/.018" guidewire compatibility, Ranger has the lowest tip entry profile.3
Efficient Drug Transfer
Ranger is a low dose DCB with a uniquely formulated TransPax coating that results in highly efficient drug transfer. This enables extremely targeted drug delivery, achieving nearly 90% primary patency1, with the least amount of downstream particulates4 and low systemic drug exposure to the patient.5
COMPARE Randomized Controlled Trial: 12-Month Results presented by Sabine Steiner, MD. LINC 2020. 12-Month Primary Endpoints: Binary Primary Patency = 83.0% for Ranger DCB and 81.5% for IN.PACT DCB (Pnon-inferiority <0.01). Freedom from Major Adverse Events = 91.0% for Ranger DCB and 92.6% for IN.PACT DCB (Pnon-inferiority <0.01).
Ranger II SFA Randomized Controlled Trial: 12-Month Results presented by Marianne Brodmann. LINC 2020. 12-Month Primary Endpoints: Binary Primary Patency = 82.9% for Ranger DCB and 66.3% for PTA (p= 0.0017). Freedom from Major Adverse Events = 94.1% for Ranger DCB and 83.5% for PTA (Pnon-inferiority <0.0001).
Ranger Size Matrix
The C-code used for Ranger drug-coated balloon is C2623 Catheter, transluminal, drug-coated, nonlaser. C-Codes are used for hospital outpatient device reporting for Medicare and some private payers.
Note: Boston Scientific is not responsible for the correct use of codes on submitted claims; this information does not constitute reimbursement or legal advice.
- COMPARE Clinical Trial 12-Month Full Cohort Results presented by Sabine Steiner, MD. LINC 2020. K-M Primary Patency = 88.4%. RANGER II SFA Pivotal Trial 12-Month Results presented by Marianne Brodmann. LINC 2020. K-M Primary Patency = 89.8%.
- DRG data, CY 2019, 0.018” PTA Balloons.
- Boston Scientific Data on File. Ranger Catheter Competitive Testing Report, 92517674. Tip entry profile measurements taken from 6 x 120 devices.
- Gongora et al. Comparative Drug-Coated Balloon Study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015doi.org/10.1016/j.jcin.2015.03.020.
- RANGER II SFA PK Substudy presented by Ravish Sachar, MD. VIVA 2019.