Patient care demands a superior single-use scope
EXALTTM Model B Single-Use Bronchoscope outperforms tested disposable bronchoscopes with superior suction.1 And clinicians prefer Model B’s ease of navigation,2 designed to foster confidence that they can navigate to target anatomy.
Superior suction in a small size, optimized for the ICU
Model B is designed to redefine the suction power of single-use bronchoscopes. Thanks to its unique clamshell design that creates a large surface area, Model B delivers superior suction power across all scope sizes as compared to other tested single-use and reusable bronchoscopes of the same size.1
Three sizes cover a range of endoscopic procedures in the ICU, including double lumen tube placement.
Powerful suction in every size
|Model B||Tested bronchoscopes|
|Large 5.8mm||40% more suction power4,5|
|Regular 5.0mm||78% more suction power6,7|
|Slim 3.8mm||84% more suction power8,9|
Navigate to target anatomy, and capture images instantly
See and maneuver
- Dynamic light control and bright LEDs are designed to help you navigate during procedures and deliver optimized image quality of both videos and photos.
- The 12.3” high resolution portable monitor with a 6.6” live image size is designed to enhance visibility.
Innovative image capture functionality
Image capture Endoscopy Report Writer (ERW) integration allows you to capture images during a procedure directly from the scope.
Clinicians prefer features over other disposable bronchoscopes10
Model B is engineered to provide:
- Precise control with proprietary stability wires and 180-degree tip articulation
- Intuitive functionality with a shape and feel to support passability and articulation
- Ease of use with intuitive placement of controls and working channel
The making of Model B
How do you redefine single-use bronchoscopy? A team of physician partners, researchers, scientists and designers spent two years creating, testing and refining Model B in order to reimagine the possibilities of single-use bronchoscopy.
1,3,4,6,8. Data on file – Boston Scientific benchtop study testing 15 units each of 9 single-use scope models, and 1 each of 4 reusable scope models (each tested 15 times with a new suction valve) under constant pressure for 30 seconds testing two different viscosity substances. The volume of substance suctioned via the bronchoscope was the primary outcome. One-way ANOVA was used to test statistical significance between scopes with an alpha of 0.05. Bench test results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.
2, 10. In simulated use evaluations, 15 physicians evaluated EXALT Model B and rated navigation as “clinically preferred” over other commercially available single-use bronchoscopes.
5. EXALT Model B Large has 40% more suction power in water than other tested large single-use and reusable scopes.
7. EXALT Model B Regular has 78% more suction power in water than other tested single-use and reusable regular size scopes.
9. EXALT Model B Slim has 84% more suction power in water than other tested single-use and reusable slim scopes.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All images owned by Boston Scientific.
CAUTION: U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.