- Provide support for researchers to conduct investigator sponsored original research that is of interest to Boston Scientific and the medical community.
- Allow researchers, academic and community physicians and researchers to:
- Participate in expanding clinical and scientific knowledge in their specific areas of expertise.
- Improve the understanding of Boston Scientific products or applied biomedical research
- Gather and analyze data for publication
Each Boston Scientific division provides a multi-functional committee consisting of experts in science, clinical applications, regulatory, corporate strategy, finance, law, and other areas as applicable. The Research Committees:
- Receive and review study proposals generated by investigators
- Approve partnerships that would be mutually beneficial for patients, researchers and Boston Scientific
- Work with the sponsor of approved research to develop a research agreement and capture relevant results.
Studies Generally Supported by Boston Scientific
- Investigator-sponsored human subject and non-human subject studies involving populations benefiting from Boston Scientific products.
- Studies with expected completion and publication dates within one to two years from initiation are preferred.
- Research in specific areas of interest to Boston Scientific divisions (see main ISR page for current list).
Global ISR Website
We maintain a Global ISR website that supports investigators through their research projects.
- Allows investigators to submit research proposals
- Provides a web-enabled database
- Tracks project progress
- Enables open communication between investigators and the Boston Scientific ISR team at each step, including:
- study submission, review, and approval/rejection
- study progress (milestone based)
- study completion
- Helps maintain “arms-length” from investigators and BSC’s (commercial) field personnel
We are continuously working to improve our ISR site and would appreciate your feedback. Was this information helpful? Email us.