- Provide support for researchers to conduct investigator sponsored original research that is of interest to Boston Scientific and the medical community.
- Allow researchers, academic and community physicians and researchers to:
- Participate in expanding clinical and scientific knowledge in their specific areas of expertise.
- Improve the understanding of Boston Scientific products or applied biomedical research
- Gather and analyze data for publication
Each Boston Scientific division provides a multi-functional committee consisting of experts in science, clinical applications, regulatory, corporate strategy, finance, law, and other areas as applicable. The Research Committees:
- Receive and review study proposals generated by investigators
- Approve partnerships that would be mutually beneficial for patients, researchers and Boston Scientific
- Work with the sponsor of approved research to develop a research agreement and capture relevant results.
Studies Generally Supported by Boston Scientific
- Investigator-sponsored human subject and non-human subject studies involving populations benefiting from Boston Scientific products.
- Studies with expected completion and publication dates within one to two years from initiation are preferred.
- Research in specific areas of interest to Boston Scientific divisions (see main ISR page for current list).
Global ISR Website
We maintain a Global ISR website that supports investigators through their research projects.
- Allows investigators to submit research proposals
- Provides a web-enabled database
- Tracks project progress
- Enables open communication between investigators and the Boston Scientific ISR team at each step, including:
- study submission, review, and approval/rejection
- study progress (milestone based)
- study completion
- Helps maintain “arms-length” from investigators and BSC’s (commercial) field personnel
We are continuously working to improve our ISR site and would appreciate your feedback. Was this information helpful? Email us.
SUBMIT AN ISR REQUEST
After reading the Submission Process, log-in to submit or edit your proposal
ASK A QUESTION
If you still have questions after reading over the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), please reach out to us