LC Bead™ (including LC Bead™ M1)
LC Bead is a PVA-based hydrogel microsphere product that is biocompatible, hydrophilic, nonresorbable and precisely calibrated to treat hypervascular tumors and arteriovenous malformations.
LC Bead is a preformed, deformable microsphere consisting of a biocompatible, sulphonate-modified, N-Fil hydrogel.
LC Bead Features
- Calibrated size to ensure predictable embolization1
- Compressible design for smooth catheter delivery1
- Compatible with a large range of microcatheters1
- Blue tinted beads for enhanced visualization1
- Spherical shape for optimal control and delivery1
LC Bead M1
70-150μm beads allow:
- Controlled distal embolization results in a more homogeneous distribution in the targeted tissue2
- Greater likelihood of tumor necrosis2
- Less opportunity for the development of collateral circulation2
- Biocompatibles data on file
- Mueller PR and Adams A (editors). Interventional Oncology: A Practical Guide for the Interventional Radiologist, Chapter 7, Principles of Embolization. Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2012.2
- LC Bead M1 is available in one size: 70-150μm
- LC Bead is available in 3 sizes from 100μm to 500μm
LC BEAD M1
|Approximate number of beads in 2ml vial*||1,300,000||200,000||38,000|
* Theoretical calculation based on the average diameters of a normal distribution of beads in a vial.
1. Biocompatibles data on file.
- LC Bead and LC Bead M1 are only cleared by the FDA for the embolization of hypervascular tumors and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- When using LC Bead and LC Bead M1 you do not need to add Ethiodol®