LC Bead LUMI™
Radiopaque Embolic Bead
LC Bead LUMI is a next-generation development of LC Bead.
LC Bead LUMI is a next-generation development of LC Bead. The innovative incorporation of a tri-iodobenzyl moiety in LC Bead LUMI offers inherent, long-term radiopacity, during and after treatment, even after contrast wash-out1:
- A new level of control with real-time feedback
- See precisely where LC Bead LUMI needs to be delivered
- Real-time adjustments during procedure
- Personalized treatment with visual confirmation of treatment success
- With lasting radiopacity, LC Bead LUMI continues to be visible in follow-up scans
- All without comprising the proven performance of LC Bead
1. Duran R, et al. Theranostics 2016;6:28–38
Product Specifications and Sizes
LC Bead LUMI™ are precisely calibrated, radiopaque, biocompatible, nonresorbable hydrogel beads. The beads are produced from polyvinyl alcohol and contain a covalently bound radiopaque moiety.
LC Bead LUMI™ are manufactured to be inherently radiopaque and visible under imaging (Computed Tomography [CT], Cone Beam Computed Tomography [CBCT] and Fluoroscopy). LC Bead LUMI™ are available in four size ranges:
- LC Bead LUMI™ are offered in a prefilled 10ml glass vial, stoppersealed by an aluminium cap with a color-coded lid.
- Each vial contains approximately 2ml of product in sterile phosphate buffered saline. The total volume of LC Bead LUMI™ and sterile physiological saline is approximately 8ml.
- Each package contains a sterile 20mm ViaLok™ Vented Vial Access Device (Yukon Medical LLC, 4021 Stirrup Creek, Durham, NC USA) for removal of LC Bead LUMI™ from the vial.
- Each vial of LC Bead LUMI™ is intended for single patient use only. Do not re-sterilize. Discard any unused material.