Indications for Use
The S-ICD™ System is intended to provide defibrillation therapy for the treatment of life-threatening ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients who do not have symptomatic bradycardia, incessant ventricular tachycardia, or spontaneous, frequently recurring ventricular tachycardia that is reliably terminated with anti-tachycardia pacing.
Unipolar pacemakers are contraindicated for use with the S-ICD System.
Warnings and Cautions
The S-ICD System contains sterile products for single use only. Do not resterilize. Handle the components of the S-ICD System with care at all times and maintain proper sterile technique. All Cameron Health implantable components are designed for use with the Cameron Health S-ICD System only. Connection of any S-ICD System components to any other ICD system will result in failure to deliver lifesaving defibrillation therapy.
- External defibrillation equipment should be available for immediate use during the implantation procedure and follow-up.
- Placing a magnet over the SQ-RX Pulse Generator suspends arrhythmia detection and therapy response. Removing the magnet resumes arrhythmia detection and therapy response.
- Battery depletion will eventually cause the SQ-RX Pulse Generator to stop functioning. Defibrillation and excessive numbers of charging cycles shorten the battery longevity.
- The S-ICD System has not been evaluated for pediatric use.
- The S-ICD System does not provide long-term bradycardia pacing, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) or Anti-Tachycardia Pacing (ATP).
Potential Adverse Events related to implantation of the S-ICD System may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Acceleration/induction of atrial or ventricular arrhythmia; Adverse reaction to induction testing; Allergic/adverse reaction to system or medication; Bleeding; Conductor fracture; Cyst formation; Death; Delayed therapy delivery; Discomfort or prolonged healing of incision; Electrode deformation and/or breakage; Electrode insulation failure; Erosion/extrusion; Failure to deliver therapy; Fever; Hematoma; Hemothorax; Improper electrode connection to the device; Inability to communicate with the device; Inability to defibrillate or pace; Inappropriate post-shock pacing; Inappropriate shock delivery; Infection; Keloid formation; Migration or dislodgement; Muscle stimulation; Nerve damage; Pneumothorax; Post-shock/post-pace discomfort; Premature battery depletion; Random component failures; Stroke; Subcutaneous emphysema; Surgical revision or replacement of the system; Syncope; Tissue redness, irritation, numbness or necrosis.
Refer to the product labeling for specific indications, contraindications, warnings/precautions and adverse events. Rx only.