Action Required: Apollo Endosurgery Product Order Process Changes
Dear Valued Customer,
Boston Scientific acquired Apollo Endosurgery on April 4, 2023. As we continue the integration of the Apollo Endosurgery business into Boston Scientific, we are preparing to incorporate Apollo Endosurgery products into the Boston Scientific distribution, customer service and accounts receivable functions. This will enable streamlined ordering through Boston Scientific, including consolidated direct orders and a localized Customer Care team.
What You Need to Know
Beginning November 6, 2023, all Apollo Endosurgery products will be distributed via Boston Scientific distribution processes.
While the long-term benefits are significant, this shift will involve a few important process adjustments that are outlined below. Please review these new processes carefully and adjust your business procedures as appropriate.
What You Need to Do
- Update your vendor master information to Boston Scientific for all applicable products before November 6, 2023. A table of product codes can be found attached to this email.
- Apollo Endosurgery will accept orders through October 31, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. CT/3:00 p.m. PT.
- Legacy Apollo Endosurgery Customer Care will no longer fulfill orders after this time.
- No Apollo Endosurgery product orders will be accepted November 1 through November 3, 2023.
For your convenience, please see the following Boston Scientific Customer Care contact details for orders placed on or after November 6, 2023:
Boston Scientific U.S. Customer Care Contact Information (excluding Puerto Rico):
- Customer Care Phone: 1-888-272-1001
- Customer Care Fax: 1-888-272-9444
- Customer Care Email: BSCEmailorders@bsci.com
- Customer Care Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, excluding major U.S. national holidays
Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Purchase orders must be issued to Boston Scientific beginning November 6, 2023.
- Invoices will be issued from Boston Scientific beginning November 6, 2023.
- Please use the “Remit-to” address on your invoice to make a payment.
- Anything shipped on or before November 3, 2023, will have an Apollo Endosurgery invoice.
- Anything shipped on or after November 6, 2023, will have a Boston Scientific Corporation invoice.
Non-Complaint Return Process
The process for returns will transition to the Boston Scientific process on November 6, 2023, which requires that you obtain a return authorization from Boston Scientific prior to returning product. To request a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) for single-use devices (SUD), please call 1-800-862-1284.
All sales and other customer contracts that you currently have with Apollo Endosurgery will be transferred to Boston Scientific Corporation as the new contracting party. Terms and conditions of valid agreements will be honored.
Beginning November 6, 2023, please use the following email address or contact your local sales representative to report a complaint for Apollo Endosurgery products:
Affected Product Codes
We have recently created new UPNs for the Ensizor® Endo Scissors product. Please reference the table below to update your vendor master information to Boston Scientific for the affected products.
Aside from the Ensizor® Endo Scissors product, there are no additional changes to the affected products’ UPNs with this transition. For your reference, a full list of the product UPNs is provided below:
Please share this letter with any colleagues or departments that should be informed of these changes.
Thank you in advance for your attention, flexibility and consideration as you adopt these process changes at your facility.
SVP & President, Endoscopy, Boston Scientific