|EMBLEM MRI S-ICD Pulse Generator Mechanical Specifications|
|Size (W x H x D)||83.1 x 69.1 x 12.7 mm|
|Volume||59.5 cc (cm³)|
|Projected Longevity||7.3 years*|
|Battery Chemistry||Boston Scientific Li/MnO2|
|Remote Patient Monitoring Capability||Enabled for use with LATITUDE™ NXT remote patient management|
* Defined as 3 full-energy capacitor charges per year.
**For full warranty terms and conditions go to www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/pprc/warranty-info-forms.html
The 2017 Guidelines by the American Heart Association (AHA), American College of Cardiology (ACC), and Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) include recommended use of the S-ICD for ICD indicated patients with1:
~75% of ICD Indicated Patients Have ≥1 Comorbidities Associated with Device Infection2,3,4
Dr. Lucas Boersma Discusses the EFFORTLESS Registry 3-Year Results
EMBLEM MRI S-ICD System is the first and only subcutaneous implantable defibrillator that provides protection for patients at risk for sudden cardiac death while avoiding risks and complications associated with transvenous leads.
|A219||EMBLEM MRI S-ICD Pulse Generator|
|3501||EMBLEM S-ICD Electrode|
|4711||EMBLEM S-ICD Electrode Insertion Tool|
|3200||EMBLEM S-ICD Programmer|
1. Al-Khatib, SM, Stevenson, WG, Ackerman, MJ, et al., 2017 AHA/ACC/HRS Guideline for Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death. Heart Rhythm, 2017.
2. Polyzos, KA, Konstantelias, AA, and Falagas, ME, Risk factors for cardiac implantable electronic device infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Europace, 2015. 17(5): p. 767-777.
3. Greenspon, AJ, Patel, JD, Lau, E, et al., 16-Year Trends in the Infection Burden for Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in the United States. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2011. 58(10): p. 1001-1006.
4. Friedman, DJ, Parzynski, CS, Varosy, PD, et al., Trends and In-Hospital Outcomes Associated With Adoption of the Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator in the United States. JAMA Cardiol, 2016. 1(8): p. 900-911.
5. Kusumoto, FM, Schoenfeld, MH, Wilkoff, BL, et al., 2017 HRS expert consensus statement on cardiovascular implantable electronic device lead management and extraction. Heart Rhythm, 2017.
6 Gasparini, M, Lunati, MG, Proclemer, A, et al., Long Detection Programming in Single-Chamber Defibrillators Reduces Unnecessary Therapies and Mortality. JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology, 2017.
7. LATITUDE Data on File, Boston Scientific 2017.