Boston Scientific Foundation
Learn how the Boston Scientific Foundation is expanding access to quality healthcare and educational opportunities in the United States.
Programs that aim to improve the health of those who are economically disadvantaged, with a focus on cancer, diabetes, respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, mental wellness, gastrointestinal and urologic diseases and disorders through any one of these approaches.
- Disease prevention
- Disease awareness and diagnosis
- Access to care
- Quality of care
Past Grantee Requirement
IMPORTANT NOTE: For current or past grantees, please refer to the Award Letter received with your grant check for the complete list of grant terms. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geographical Focus - Local
- California (Valencia)
- Indiana (Spencer)
- Massachusetts (Cambridge, Marlborough or Quincy)
- Minnesota (Twin Cities)
The Boston Scientific Foundation does not support:
- Requests for event-based fundraising, sponsorships
- Capital campaigns
- General operating requests
(if these funds are required as part of program support, we ask that all costs be clearly outlined- see FAQs section below)
- Continuing medical education requests or medical research requests
- Political campaigns to support and/or oppose candidates for public office
- Evangelizing activities of religious organizations
Grant Application Process
- STEM Education Applications : January 15 - March 15
- Health Applications : May 1 – July 1
Boston Scientific Foundation Application
How do you select applicants?
- Cost-effective and results-oriented programs, where our contributions can make a long-term measurable difference in the quality of people’s lives and serve as a catalyst for positive change.
- Community-based approaches that work to empower those who are involved.
- Evidence based approaches.
How should I outline my operating costs in my application?
- We understand that there are necessary operating expenses (salaries, rent, utilities, etc.) associated with executing programs. If your organization is seeking operating expenses as a required part of program support, we ask that all costs be clearly outlined in proposals.
- Program sustainability is important to our funding decisions. If operating expenses, particularly salaries, are over 50% of the grant request, it is vital that we clearly understand how the program can be sustained after a Boston Scientific Foundation grant has ended.
- If your organization has previously received funding from the Boston Scientific Foundation, reporting on how all funds, including details of operating expenses (particularly salaries) were used and accounted for is required as a part of the program/year-end report.
- We do not fund dollars towards stipends for program participation.
- The Boston Scientific Foundation does not consider proposals where 100% of the request is for general operating support.