Boston Scientific offers a variety of education programs for urologists to train on the safe and effective use of our products. Programs are primarily focused on the procedures and products supporting surgical treatment of urinary stone disease and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), including:
Observational Preceptorship and Proctorship Training Programs
The Observational Preceptorship and Proctorship Training Programs focus on expanding the physician's understanding of the clinical application of Boston Scientific Urology products.
The trainings provide surgeons experienced in urologic procedures the opportunity to observe and perform live surgery under the tutelage of a skilled faculty member.
This program offers a unique opportunity to visit or have visiting experts in the specified surgery train in a small, focused setting with a concentration on flexible ureteroscopy (FURS), percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL), and BPH management with holmium lasers.
Preceptor Training Center of Excellence Programs
Upon completion, the physician will gain a deeper understanding of clinical decisions related to patient selections, treatment algorithms and patient follow-up.
The physician will also increase their comfort and confidence related to advanced procedural techniques intended to improve the efficiency of the OR and improve the quality of patient care.
A typical course includes:
- Didactic and discussions around the practical approach to clinical theory
- Case observations focusing on advanced procedural technique
- Hands-on training with novel procedure models
PCNL: A Simplified Approach to Gain Your Own PCNL Access
Access and navigate a kidney to remove renal calculi with techniques.
BPH Management with Holmium Lasers for the Prostate including Vaporization, Ablation, Enucleation and Hybrid Techniques.
Identify ideal parameters by procedure, experience and prostate anatomy for the desired clinical outcome.
Stone Institute Workshops
The workshops support surgical skill development through a consistent, high-quality training program to propagate best-practice surgical techniques.
Courses consist of:
- One- to two-day workshops designed with didactic and hands-on instruction
- Didactic curriculum is tailored for each workshop for country-specific needs
- Leading global faculty
- Novel hands-on models to enhance the learning experience,
simulating ureteroscopy and access for PNL
BPH Surgical Academy
Your expertise in hand
Created with leaders in the field of surgical treatment for BPH, this systematic approach to training provides an important foundation for repeatable surgical success and patient satisfaction.
- Engaging workshops often featuring live surgery
- Customized, modular learning
- Realistic hands-on simulator training
- Opportunities for proctor/preceptorship
- Peer-to-peer training and ongoing support