During this global pandemic, the Boston Scientific team is listening to urologists, urogynecologists and radiation oncologists needs and responding with COVID-19 webinars featuring the relevant information you have requested. If you missed the live broadcasts, we invite you to watch the on demand presentations below.
Please note: Upon selecting “Watch Now” a short registration form will be presented to enable you to view any or all of the webinars.
Watch a candid discussion on the impact COVID-19 is having on urology practices in the U.S. and steps to recovery.
- Changes in stone management, technical and practical during COVID-19
- Lessons learned from urologists on the front lines
- What the future holds for endourology post COVID-19
- An interactive Q&A panel discussion
Stephen Y. Nakada, MD, FACS, FRCS
Nicole L. Miller, MD, FACS
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Ojas Shah, MD
Columbia University Irving Medical Center / New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Thomas Chi, MD
University of California, San Francisco
Watch a candid discussion with Chinese urologist's Rongpei Wu and Yi Zhang who will share their experiences with COVID-19.
- Lessons learned from SARS
- The importance of the Network
- Setting up of 2 Major Authorities
- Accountability flow chart
- Screening check points
- Infection prevention and control (IPC)
- Isolation Measures
- Care for suspected or confirmed cases
- Working flow for Urology Cases
Rongpei Wu, MD, PhD
Yi Zhang, MD
Renowned Chinese urologists Rongpei Wu, MD, PhD, Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, as well as Yi Zhang, MD, Department of Urology, Peking University International Hospital, Beijing, China.
Watch a presentation with Italian urologist Silvia Proietti who will share her experiences with COVID-19.
- Preparation and response of Dr. Proietti's hospital triage patients in Italy when the crisis initially hit.
- How Telemedicine is being utilized today with Dr. Proietti's hospital.
- How Dr. Proietti's hospital is reprioritizing stone cases and how she is managing her stone patients.
- Overall guidance and insights on how to best manage through this crisis and how to prepare for the mass influx of patients once things return to normalcy.
Silvia Proietti, MD
Italian urologist Silvia Proietti, MD, European Training Center in Endourology (ETCE), San Raffaele Hospital, Ville Turro Division, Milan, Italy. European Urology, the official journal of the EAU, recently accepted for publication a paper Dr. Proietti co-authored with Guido Giusti, MD, entitled Endourological Stone Management in the Era of the COVID-19.
Watch a presentation on how to execute telemedicine more effectively during COVID-19.
- Telemedicine - CMS
- Office Flow – Mimic the In-Office experience
- Frequency and Timing
- Telehealth - CMS
- Operational Issues
- Planning for the long term
Mark N. Painter
Mark N. Painter is a managing Partner of PRS Consulting, LLC, the CEO of PRS Urology Service Corporation and the Vice President of Coding and Reimbursement Information for Physician Reimbursement Systems, Inc. (PRS). Mr. Painter's extensive knowledge of physician reimbursement issues has allowed him to assist insurance companies, physicians and their staff members, legal councel, actuaries, and Special Societies.
Additional COVID-19 Resources for HCPs in the U.S.
The Boston Scientific Healthcare Economics and Market Access team has webinars and resources designed specifically around the needs of healthcare professionals based in the U.S. Click here to learn more. Click Here