Addressing Inequities In Our Communities
When Colombia declared COVID-19 a health emergency, Project HOPE redirected its efforts and a portion of grant funding to work with the Ministry of Health, Departmental Health Institute and local hospitals to train healthcare workers and non-medical staff, conduct COVID-19 screenings and distribute personal protective equipment (PPE).
- People screened for COVID-19: 5,616
- Healthcare workers trained: 94
- Non-medical staff and local volunteers trained in hygiene promotion, infection protection and control, and contact tracing: 238
- Health consultations provided: 7,543
- PPE distributed: 415+ full sets, 1,500 gloves and 500+ protective lenses