A PCI Guidance portfolio backed by data you can trust
IVUS Guidance Optimizes Coronary Outcomes
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is a core tenet of the SYNTAX II methodology for state-of-the-art PCI. The study’s five-year outcomes, along with several other highly-regarded trials, demonstrate that IVUS visualization optimizes long-term outcomes by enabling more comprehensive procedure planning, execution, and assessment.
See Better Outcomes with IVUS
Clinical data consistently shows the benefits of IVUS to determine treatment strategy, guide stent placement, and assess procedural results. See how IVUS optimizes coronary outcomes with the Modern PCI approach.
- Minimum lumen area in the stented segment more than 5.00mm2 or 90% of the minimal lumen area at the distal reference segments
- Plaque burden 5mm proximal or distal to the stent edge <50%
- No edge dissection involving the media with length more than 3mm
- Statistically higher MACE rates when stent deformation occurred
- Stent deformation at 3 years: 28% MACE
- No stent deformation at 3 years: 13% MACE