By combining a relentless dedication to developing less-invasive endoscopy technologies with a spirit of collaboration with healthcare professionals, we’re reducing the total cost of patient care and making a meaningful and lasting impact on patients’ lives.
Delivering Meaningful Innovation
Improving Outcomes. The SpyGlass™ DS Direct Visualization System, a single-use, single-operator digital cholangioscope, enables physicians to see color images from inside the biliary, hepatic and pancreatic ducts. When used with the SpyBite™ forceps, physicians can take targeted biopsies of strictures to diagnose diseases such as cholangiocarcinoma or pancreatic cancer. When used with EHL or laser fibers, physicians can effectively and efficiently treat bile duct stones and gallstones. We also offer a range of products and solutions to address scope repair, reprocessing and infection prevention.
Less-invasive Treatment Alternatives. The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System offers an endoscopic alternative for transgastric or transduodenal drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocysts and certain types of walled-off necrosis* - two serious complications of pancreatitis. The ORISE™ Tissue Retractor System is designed to facilitate endoscopic sub-mucosal dissection (ESD) procedures, which is a less invasive alternative to conventional surgery for the removal of precancerous lesions and malignant tumors of the colon.
Providing Services and Solutions. Boston Scientific offers a range of services and solutions that provide specialized support for endoscopy clinicians including the only pathology lab focused solely on the diagnosis of GI diseases, scope repair services, and a range of products to help prevent the spread of infections in the endoscopy suite.5
Conditions We Treat
- Malignant and Benign Tumors
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Severe Asthma
- Lung Cancer
Products and Solutions We Offer
- Biliary Access
- Biliary Stricture and Stone Management
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Stents: Enteral & Esophageal
- Tissue Resection
- Endoscopic Lesion Resection
Services We Offer
- GI Specialized Pathology
- GI Lab Optimization
* The walled-off necrosis indication for the AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System is for PFCs containing less than 30 percent dead tissue.
** Varadarajulu et al, Equal Efficacy of Endoscopic and Surgical Cystogastrostomy for Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage in a Randomized Trial. Gastroenterology 2013; 145
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Asthma Facts: CDC’s National Asthma Control Program Grantees. http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/pdfs/asthma_facts_program_grantees.pdf Accessed March 17, 2016.
2. American Cancer Society. Key Statistics for Colorectal Cancer
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/colonandrectumcancer/detailedguide/colorectal-cancer-key-statistics. Accessed March 17, 2016.
3. National Cancer Institute. SEER Stat Fact Sheets: Pancreas Cancer. http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/pancreas.html. Accessed March 17, 2016.
4. American Cancer Society. Key Statistics on Liver Cancer. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/livercancer/detailedguide/liver-cancer-what-is-key-statistics. Accessed March 25, 2016.
5. As of August 2017. Based on data from the U.S. Anatomic Pathology Market Forecast & Trends 2017-2020.