Advancing Deep Brain Stimulation. Because Parkinson’s disease is progressive, it’s critical to provide therapy that evolves with the patient. The Vercise™ Primary Cell (PC) and Vercise Gevia™ Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Systems leverage the Vercise Cartesia™ Directional Lead to control the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease through highly personalized therapy. Eight individually controlled electrodes on each lead allow physicians to adjust the range, shape, position and direction of electrical stimulation, which can reduce unwanted side effects and be adapted for continued symptom relief as Parkinson’s disease progresses.
Personalizing Pain Therapy. Pain is personal. That’s why we designed the Spectra WaveWriter™ Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) System to provide personalized, long-lasting pain relief through the power of combination therapy, the technology of novel sub-perception algorithms and the simplicity of wave for automation.
Technology-Leading Radiofrequency Ablation. We offer radiofrequency ablation (RFA) systems used by physicians to treat patients with chronic pain. RFA is a versatile outpatient procedure that is often used prior to SCS in the treatment continuum for chronic pain and has a more than 50-year track record of providing relief for patients with chronic pain.
Conditions We Treat
Solutions We Offer
1. Institute of Medicine Report from the Committee on Advancing Pain Research, Care, and Education: Relieving Pain in America, A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education and Research. The National Academies Press, 2011.
https://www.nap.edu/read/13172/chapter/2. Accessed March 25, 2016.
2. PAIN MEDICINE POSITION PAPER. Pain Medicine, Volume 10, Issue 6, pages 972–1000, September 2009. Michel Y. Dubois MD, Rollin M. Gallagher MD, MPH and Philipp M. Lippe MD https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1526-4637.2009.00696.x/full. Accessed March 25, 2016.
3. Partners for Understanding Pain Electronic Press Kit SURVEY SHOWS MYTHS, MISUNDERSTANDING ABOUT PAIN COMMON AMONG AMERICANS. https://www.theacpa.org/uploads/documents/Partners%20for%20Understanding%20Pain%20Electronic%20Press%20Kit1.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2016.
4. Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. Statistics on Parkinson’s. https://www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_statistics. Accessed March 28, 2016.
5. Louis, E. D., & Ottman, R. (2014). How Many People in the USA Have Essential Tremor? Deriving a Population Estimate Based on Epidemiological Data. Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements, 4, 259. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4137360/#. Accessed March 28, 2016.