EMBLEM™ S-ICD System
Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator
Modular CRM (mCRM™) System
Why Modular CRM Therapy?
Fewer Lead-Related Complications Seen in the PRAETORIAN Trial3
The EMBLEM S-ICD leaves the vasculature untouched, thereby reducing the risk of acute and future complications associated with transvenous leads.
In the first prospective randomized head-to-head trial comparing the performance of S-ICD and TV-ICD, data showed that TV-ICD patients experienced more than four times as many lead-related complications as S-ICD patients.3
EMPOWER™ Leadless Pacemaker Procedure Videos
How mCRM Therapy Works
1. When the EMBLEM S-ICD senses an episode of tachycardia, it triggers the EMPOWER Leadless Pacemaker to provide ATP therapy, which may stop the tachycardia and reset the heart to a normal rhythm.
2. The EMBLEM S-ICD continuously monitors for the result of the ATP therapy.
a. If the ATP successfully terminated the tachycardia and returned the heart to a normal rhythm, the EMBLEM S-ICD will continue monitoring and no shock will be delivered.
b. If the ATP did not terminate the tachycardia, the EMBLEM S-ICD will deliver shock therapy.
Example of mCRM Therapy
(Tjong, F.V.Y., et al. HRS 2017)
Watch the video to see the coordinated therapy between the EMBLEM S-ICD and EMPOWER Leadless Pacemaker during a mCRM therapy sequence.
Study Site Locator
mCRM System Components
The only extrathoracic implantable defibrillator that provides protection from both sudden cardiac death and the risks and complications associated with transvenous leads.
- Eliminates potential for vascular injury, transvenous lead insertion complications, lead-associated tricuspid regurgitation, mechanically induced pro-arrhythmia, and transvenous lead failure and associated extraction risk
- Reduces risk of systemic
- Preserves the vasculature
- Remains outside the ribcage, never touching the heart
EMPOWER Leadless Pacemaker (LP)*
The EMPOWER Leadless Pacemaker is designed to be paired with S-ICD to provide pacing or ATP therapies at the time they are needed.
- ATP when commanded by a paired S-ICD
- Delivery system with inner extendable shaft
- 20.7 F delivery catheter
- Dedicated retrieval catheter
- Rate response via accelerometer
- > 10 Year average longevity expected when used primarily for ATP therapy as part of an mCRM System
Are You a Clinical Site Investigator?
MODULAR ATP Study
Learn about the MODULAR ATP Clinical Study design, primary effectiveness and safety endpoints, timelines and more.
Explore patient inclusion and exclusion criteria and find resources to help you refer study candidates.