Paclitaxel Coated-PTCA Balloon Catheter
The AGENT™ Paclitaxel Drug Coated Balloon catheter, with its innovative TransPax™ coating technology1, provides a targeted, therapeutic dose of proven, anti-proliferative Paclitaxel to the lesion2. It was designed to minimise downstream particulates while maintaining the outstanding deliverability you’ve come to expect with Boston Scientific products3.
Optimized Drug Transfer
- TransPaxTM coating ensures targeted delivery of Paclitaxel†
- Optimal dose of 2 μg/mm2 compared to 3 μg/mm2 of market leading DCBs‡
- AgentTM DCB offers exceptional deliverability leveraging the EMERGETM PTCA Catheter:
- Designed to navigate and cross challenging lesions
- Ultra-low tip profile
- Bi-segment inner shaft: flexible distal segment and pushable proximal segment.
Enhanced Coating Integrity
- Balanced hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties of Trans PaxTM coating ensures balloon reaches the lesion with the optimal amount of drug for your patient.
- Fewer particulates are lost distally during the procedure§.
What is TransPax™
The TransPax coating is a proprietary formulation of Paclitaxel and a citrate ester excipient (acetyl tributyl citrate – ATBC). It leverages Boston Scientific’s history and expertise with paclitaxel and drug coating.
Boston Scientific’s TransPax™ is the coating on both IC and PI Drug-coated balloons (DCB). Ranger™ Paclitaxel-Coated PTA Balloon Catheter is Boston Scientific's DCB for Peripheral Interventions.
What is the Delivery System
How it works*
1. Ensures that a consistent drug dose is delivered to a lesion*
2. Binds with microtubules to inhibit proliferation of smooth-muscle cells*
3. Enables healing by selectively impacting cells that cause restenosis while allowing healing of endothelial cells*
Safety and performance*
Enhanced Coating Integrity*
Designed to improve coating durability and drug transfer efficacy, allowing for a lower dosage of Paclitaxel*
Optimized Drug Transfer°
Balanced hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties allow efficient drug transfer to the vessel wall
° Data on file at Boston Scientific. Pre-clinical results may not be necessarily indicative of clinical outcomes.
§ Bench testing performed by Boston Scientific. Results not necessarily indicative of clinical performance.
† Data on file at Boston Scientific. Pre-clinical results may not be necessarily indicative of clinical outcomes. Hemoteq Coating Process Validation by HPLC. Data on file at Hemoteq.
‡ 3 μg/mm2 dose for both B Braun SeQuent Please and Biotronik Pantera Lux per manufacturer’s website.
§Method: balloons delivered in a coronary track model with fluid recirculation of 150 ml/min at T = 37 ˚C. Particulates are collected with a polycarbonate filter 5.0 μm x 47 mm (Sterilitech).
Bench test results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.