Eluvia™ consistently outperforms other SFA stents – no matter the lesion complexity, no matter the patient
Restenosis poses a significant, prevalent challenge in superior femoral artery (SFA) disease management. Boston Scientific is dedicated to overcoming peripheral arterial disease (PAD) challenges with bold innovation using next-generation drug-eluting technology. Eluvia is built for sustained drug release and efficient drug transfer. Regardless of patient or lesion complexity, Eluvia has durable and consistent results in two level-1 comparative effectiveness trials.
Eluvia demonstrated superior primary patency over BMS (EMINENT) and Zilver PTX (IMPERIAL)¹⁻²
Primary patency ~90% in complex lesions in both RCT and RWE at 1 year³⁻⁴
7 out of every 10 Eluvia patients did not require a reintervention within 5 years
Eluvia demonstrated a similar mortality rate versus the expected range for symptomatic PAD patients at 5 years⁵⁻⁶
- Gouëffic Y, et al. Efficacy of a drug-eluting stent versus bare metal stents for symptomatic femoropopliteal peripheral artery disease: Primary results of the EMINENT randomized trial. Circulation. 2022;146:1564–1576.
- Müller-Hülsbeck S, et al. Two-year efficacy and safety results from the IMPERIAL Randomized study of the Eluvia polymer-coated drug-eluting stent and the Zilver PTX polymer-free drug-coated stent. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2021;44:368–375.
- Lida O, et al. 1-year outcomes of fluoropolymer-based drug-eluting stent in femoropopliteal practice: predictors of restenosis and aneurysmal degeneration. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2022;15:630–638.
- Golzar, J. et al, Effectiveness and safety of a paclitaxel-eluting stent for superficial femoral artery lesions up to 190 mm: one-year outcomes of the single-arm IMPERIAL long lesion substudy of the Eluvia drug-eluting stent. J Endovasc Ther. 2020;27:296–303.
- Gray W, et al. CRT-300.01 Five-Year Results From the IMPERIAL Randomized Study of Eluvia and Zilver PTX Drug-Eluting Stents and the Long Lesion Sub-Study for Femoropopliteal Artery Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2023;16(4):S55.
- Sartipy, F. Ten Year Mortality in Different Peripheral Arterial Disease Stages: A Population Based Observational Study on Outcome. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018;55(4):529–536.
The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings, and instructions for use can be found in the product labelling supplied with each device or at www.IFU-BSCI.com. Products shown for INFORMATION purposes only and may not be approved or for sale in certain countries. This material not intended for use in France.