Spotlight on GreenLight XPS™
Laser Therapy System
The GreenLight XPS Laser Therapy System offers a versatile solution for a broad range of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), from classic vaporisation to enucleation. It is a safe and effective alternative to standard surgical procedures that can be tailored to patient needs.1-4
The Technique Spotlight focusing on the versatility of the GreenLight XPS Laser Therapy System was developed based on the available clinical evidence and experience of Dr Cindolo and Prof. Ferrari with the Greenlight XPS™ Laser Therapy System and their patients’ outcomes.
Prof. Ferrari and Dr Cindolo share their experience about:
- different surgical approaches
- patient selection
- key advantages
1. Cindolo L, Ruggera L, Destefanis P et al. Vaporize, anatomically vaporize or enucleate the prostate? The flexible use of the GreenLight laser. Int Urol Nephrol. 2017; 49: 405–11.
2. Barco-Castillo C, Plata M, Zuluaga L et al. Functional outcomes and safety of GreenLight photovaporization of the prostate in the high-risk patient with lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic enlargement. Neurourol Urodyn. 2020; 39: 303–9.
3. Woo H, Reich O, Bachmann A et al. Outcome of GreenLight HPS 120-W Laser Therapy in specific patient populations: Those in retention, on anticoagulants, and with large prostates (> 80 ml). Eur Urol Supplements. 2008; 7: 378–83.
4. Castellan P, Marchioni M, Rizzoli A et al. The surgical experience influences the safety and efficacy of photovaporization of prostate with 180-W XPS GreenLight Laser: Comparison between novices vs expert surgeons learning curves. J Endourol. 2018; 32: 1071–7.