Hot AXIOS™ Stent
and Electrocautery-Enhanced Delivery System
The Hot AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery- Enhanced Delivery System indicated for use to facilitate transgastric or transduodenal endoscopic drainage of:
• a pancreatic pseudocyst or a walled-off necrosis with ≥ 70% fluid content
• gallbladder in patients with acute cholecystitis who are at high risk or unsuitable for surgery
• the bile duct after failed ERCP in patients with biliary obstruction due to a malignant stricture
The Hot AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery-Enhanced Delivery System is a precision device designed to enable therapeutic endoscopists to safely and accurately access the bile duct, gallbladder or a pancreatic fluid collection from the gastrointestinal tract and place the Hot AXIOS Stent.
The system combines a cautery-enabled access catheter with the therapeutic AXIOS Stent for a streamlined, exchange-free procedure.
The Hot AXIOS System is used under combined endoscopic and EUS guidance. Its electrocautery-enhanced delivery system is designed to facilitate smooth, efficient access into the target structure while minimizing radiofrequency interference with visualization.
How it Works
- Under EUS guidance, the Hot AXIOS catheter is energized and advanced through the tissue walls and into the target structure
- The catheter sheath is retracted and the AXIOS Stent is deployed.
- The delivery system is then withdrawn
The Hot AXIOS Stent
The Hot AXIOS Stent is a flexible, MR conditional, fully-covered self-expanding metal stent that is preloaded within the Hot AXIOS Stent and Electrocautery-Enhanced Delivery System.
The Hot AXIOS Stent creates a secure, translumenal conduit between the gastrointestinal tract and a neighboring fluid-filled cavity to facilitate drainage or create a bypass around a stricture or blockage.