Traveling With Your Communicator
The Communicator can be used when away from home. Prior to traveling, the Communicator must be set up in the patient’s home country (the country it was prescribed in).
The healthcare provider should be consulted before planning to travel. If your healthcare provider recommends to take the Communicator with you, you have 2 possibilities:
- If you stay in your country, you can plug the Communicator in the power socket and make sure it can connect at the new destination following the instructions in the How to be sure my Communicator is working section.
- Use the lookup tool below to determine if your Communicator can be used in other countries.
|Home Country||Destination Country||Comm. Model||Implanted Device Model||Telephone Line (Landline)||USB Cell Adapter (model 6295)||Vodafone USB Cell Adapter (model 6359)||Internet Adapter||Integron MultiConnect AW Cell Adapter|
- For travel with telephone line (landline), the Communicator Switches on the bottom of the Communicator must be set to the destination country. Refer to Setting the Switch Configuration.
- For travel with cell adapters:
We cannot guarantee coverage in all areas in a given country. The Communicator Switches need to stay set for the patient’s home country. (The country it was prescribed in)
- For travel with internet adapters:
We cannot guarantee connectivity in all areas in a given country. The Communicator Switches need to stay set for the patient’s home country. (The country it was prescribed in)