Paclitaxel-Coated PTA Balloon Catheter
The Ranger Drug Coated balloon is indicated for Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA) in the peripheral vasculature. It has been designed to provide consistent and predictable drug delivery through efficient drug transfer, and a strong coating integrity.
Ranger demonstrated consistent results with nearly 90% patency at 12-months in the RANGER II SFA and COMPARE Randomized Controlled Trials1.
Built on the market-leading .018” Sterling balloon platform2 with .014”/.018" guidewire compatibility, Ranger has the lowest tip entry profile.3
Efficient Drug Transfer
Ranger is a low dose DCB with a uniquely formulated TransPax coating that results in highly efficient drug transfer. This enables extremely targeted drug delivery, achieving nearly 90% primary patency1, with the least amount of downstream particulates4 and low systemic drug exposure to the patient.5
COMPARE Randomized Controlled Trial: 12-Month Results presented by Sabine Steiner, MD. LINC 2020. 12-Month Primary Endpoints: Binary Primary Patency = 83.0% for Ranger DCB and 81.5% for IN.PACT DCB (Pnon-inferiority <0.01). Freedom from Major Adverse Events = 91.0% for Ranger DCB and 92.6% for IN.PACT DCB (Pnon-inferiority <0.01).
Ranger II SFA Randomized Controlled Trial: 12-Month Results presented by Marianne Brodmann. LINC 2020. 12-Month Primary Endpoints: Binary Primary Patency = 82.9% for Ranger DCB and 66.3% for PTA (p= 0.0017). Freedom from Major Adverse Events = 94.1% for Ranger DCB and 83.5% for PTA (Pnon-inferiority <0.0001).
Ranger Size Matrix
- COMPARE Clinical Trial 12-Month Full Cohort Results presented by Sabine Steiner, MD. LINC 2020. K-M Primary Patency = 88.4%. RANGER II SFA Pivotal Trial 12-Month Results presented by Marianne Brodmann. LINC 2020. K-M Primary Patency = 89.8%.
- DRG data, CY 2019, 0.018” PTA Balloons.
- Boston Scientific Data on File. Ranger Catheter Competitive Testing Report, 92517674. Tip entry profile measurements taken from 6 x 120 devices.
- Gongora et al. Comparative Drug-Coated Balloon Study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015doi.org/10.1016/j.jcin.2015.03.020.
- RANGER II SFA PK Substudy presented by Ravish Sachar, MD. VIVA 2019.