Boston Scientific's HeartLogic is an innovative solution for personalized and remote heart failure diagnostic and monitoring.
HeartLogic impact on GHG emissions per patient per year*
This equates to a reduction of
* Estimates based on rate and mean length of stay for heart failure admissions reported in Treskes et al. (2021) and data from sustainable care pathways guidance: Inpatient bed day.7 Estimates exclude impact of non-inpatient care prior to admission (e.g., primary care support or acute medical unit management), possible surgical treatment or visitors during hospital stay.
Boston Scientific joined the United Nations Race to Zero and Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign and is committed to set a science-based target through the Science Based Targets initiative that will put us on a path to achieve net-zero emissions across our entire value chain by 2050.
- NICE Resource impact report: Chronic heart failure in adults: diagnosis and management (NG106) https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng106/resources/resource-impact-report-pdf-6537494413
- Cowie, Martin R. “The heart failure epidemic: a UK perspective.” Echo research and practice vol. 4,1 (2017): R15-R20.doi:10.1530/ERP-16-0043. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5435875
- Treskes, Roderick W., et al. "Clinical and economic impact of HeartLogic™ compared with standard care in heart failure patients.” ESC Heart Failure 8.2 (2021): 1541-1551.
- Sustainable Care Pathways Guidance: Inpatient bed day module published 2015, Surgical Procedure Module Published 2015 Sustainable Care Pathways Guidance – Sustainable Healthcare Coalition: (https://shcoalition.org/sustainable-care-pathways-guidance).
- Lee, Byeong-Kyu & Ellenbecker, Michael & Moure-Eraso, Rafael. (2002). Analyses of the recycling potential of medical plastic wastes. Waste management (New York, N.Y.). 22.461-70.10.1016/S0956-053X(02)00006-5.
- Data on file Boston Scientific.
The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings, and instructions for use can be found in the product labelling supplied with each device or at www.IFU-BSCI.com. Products shown for INFORMATION purposes only and may not be approved or for sale in certain countries. This material not intended for use in France.