Investigator-Sponsored Research Program
The Investigator-Sponsored Research (ISR) Program represents an extremely important portion of medical research. The ISR Program serves as a conduit between Boston Scientific and external researchers to expand valuable research.
The BSC ISR Program provides support for research that advances medical and scientific knowledge about our products and that generates promising medical interventions. This global program is open to all researchers who are interested in conducting their own research.
Each Boston Scientific division reviews research requests for a variety of topics pertaining to Boston Scientific products and associated disease states.
We are currently looking at research in the following areas:
- New/emerging Technologies
- New/extended applications of DES
- Role of DES in extended patient groups
- Health Economics and/or Quality of Life
- Geographic variation in device use
- Valvular disease
Rhythm & Electrophysiology*
- Subcutaneous ICD
- CRM device longevity/reliability
- CRM device features
- Heart failure diagnostics
- Cardiac mapping
- Cardiac ablation
- Left atrial appendage closure
- Comparative-Effectiveness and QoL
- Details for list above
*Includes Cardiac Rhythm Management