To be eligible for funding, projects must be in line with the Foundation's strategic focus. This is to address issues of public interest in disease prevention or management, using digital solutions by:
- Improving the health of individuals and communities with unmet needs.
- Facilitating access to prevention and awareness programs.
- Supporting research programs aimed at improving prevention or disease management.
- Optimising impact on well-being through innovative solutions such as apps, e-platforms, social media.
Other major humanitarian causes can be taken into consideration on an exceptional basis.
To be eligible organisations must:
- Be a non-profit organisation (legal status to be provided) based and operating in Europe; or a European non-profit with activities outside the European territory.
- Have a track record of non-profit engagement (activity report to be provided).
In order to receive a grant from Boston Scientific Foundation Europe (BSFE), an organisation must certify that it does not discriminate against its employees based on race, religion, colour, nationality, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state or local laws that require equal opportunities. It is also necessary to certify that the organisation does not promote, support or practice activities that discriminate against protected classes.
The Foundation will not support:
- For profit organisations
- Political campaigns, fraternal or lobbying groups
- Organisations headquartered outside EMEA
- Requests for staff fees or office equipment
Non-profit organisations interested in applying to Boston Scientific Foundation Europe must complete the online application form and provide the requested documents.
The Foundation Board will make final decisions on the award of grants and there is no guarantee that a grant will be awarded. The process from submission until Board review can take up to four months. Applicants will be informed of the Board’s decision via email.