EKOS™ Endovascular System
The EKOS™ Endovascular System is used for ultrasound-assisted, catheter-directed thrombolysis to quickly and safely dissolve pulmonary embolism (PE). Minimally invasive, EKOS™ leverages the power of targeted ultrasonic waves to thin and separate fibrin strands and accelerates lytic dispersion deeper into the clot.
EKOS™ was the first interventional device indicated for the treatment of pulmonary embolism. It is also used to treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and peripheral arterial occlusion (PAO).
Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™
- Speeds time-to-clot dissolution.
- Results in quality clinical outcomes.
- Increases clot removal and enhances clinical improvement compared to either standard catheter-directed drug therapy or thrombectomy.1,2
- Requires significantly shorter treatment times compared to standard CDT.3
Targets the Thrombus Safely
- Lowers the risk of bleeding and other complications.3,4
- Dissolves clots without damaging vessels, valves or walls.3
More Effective Drug Delivery
- Reduces dosage requirements by as much as 68% compared to standard, catheter-directed drug therapy.3
- Requires up to 4x less drug dosage than traditional systemic delivery.5
- Reduces RV/LV ratio with as little as 8mg total tPA used in combination with EKOS™ therapy.6
Superior Clot Clearance2,3
- 48% greater drug absorption within 1 hour.1
- 84% greater drug absorption within 2 hours. 1