Patient care demands a superior single-use scope
EXALTTM Model B Single-Use Bronchoscope outperforms tested disposable bronchoscopes with superior suction.1 And clinicians prefer Model B’s ease of navigation,2 designed to foster confidence that they can navigate to target anatomy.
Superior suction in a small size, optimized for the ICU
Model B is designed to redefine the suction power of single-use bronchoscopes. Thanks to its unique clamshell design that creates a large surface area, Model B delivers superior suction power across all scopes sizes as compared to other tested single-use and reusable bronchoscopes of the same size.1 Three sizes cover a range of endoscopic procedures in the ICU, including double lumen tube placement.
Powerful suction in every size
|Model B||Tested bronchoscopes|
|Large 5.8mm||40% more suction power⁴ ⁵|
|Regular 5.0mm||78% more suction power⁶ ⁷|
|Slim 3.8mm||84% more suction power⁸ ⁹|
Navigate to target anatomy, and capture images instantly
See and maneuver
- Dynamic light control and bright LEDs are designed to help you navigate during procedures and deliver optimized image quality of both videos and photos.
- The 31,3cm high resolution (2736 x 1824) portable monitor with a 16,5cm live image size is designed to enhance visibility
Innovative image capture functionality
Image capture Endoscopy Report Writer (ERW) integration allows you to capture images during a procedure directly from the scope.
Clinicians prefer features over other disposable bronchoscopes10
Model B is engineered to provide:
- Precise control with proprietary stability wires and 180-degree tip articulation
- Intuitive functionality with a shape and feel to support passability and articulation
- Ease of use with intuitive placement of controls and working channel
The making of Model B
How do you redefine single-use bronchoscopy? A team of physician partners, researchers, scientists and designers spent two years creating, testing and refining Model B in order to reimagine the possibilities of single-use bronchoscopy.
Training & support
We help you set a new standard
As a global leader in endoscopy and pioneer of single-use devices, Boston Scientific is committed to providing product support and professional/clinical education opportunities focused on the latest treatment and techniques.
Try Model B bronchoscopes
bronchoscopy and experience the benefits
of a single-use bronchoscope
that lives up to its promise.
up to date
training opportunities, products,
events and other news
from Boston Scientific.
1,3,4,6,8. Data on file – Boston Scientific benchtop study testing 15 units each of 9 single-use scope models, and 1 each of 4 reusable scope models (each tested 15 times with a new suction valve) under constant pressure for 30 seconds testing two different viscosity substances. The volume of substance suctioned via the bronchoscope was the primary outcome. One-way ANOVA was used to test statistical significance between scopes with an alpha of 0.05. Bench test results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.
2, 10. In simulated use evaluations, 15 physicians evaluated EXALT Model B and rated navigation as “clinically preferred” over other commercially available single-use bronchoscopes.
5. EXALT Model B Large has 40% more suction power in water than other tested large single-use and reusable scopes.
7. EXALT Model B Regular has 78% more suction power in water than other tested single-use and reusable regular size scopes.
9. EXALT Model B Slim has 84% more suction power in water than other tested single-use and reusable slim scopes.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All images owned by Boston Scientific.
CAUTION: The law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician. Indications, contraindications, warnings and instructions for use can be found in the product labelling supplied with each device. Information for use only in countries with applicable health authority registrations. Material not intended for use in France. Products shown for INFORMATION purposes only and may not be approved or for sale in certain countries. Please check availability with your local sales representative or customer service.