Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important for a high performing culture. Our diversity value stands for inclusion, equality and opportunity for all, and guides our work to advance science and improve patient health. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers and communities we serve.
Here are some of the practical initiatives we have underway at Boston Scientific to further diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Mandatory unconscious bias training for our people managers, helping them to recognise and minimise bias blind spots and engage in more open and honest conversations with employees
- Implementation of the EMEA Diversity and Inclusion Council; a group that will focus on developing strategies on gender for the region
- Facilitation of flexible working arrangements where possible
- Boston Scientific sponsors Employee Resource Groups, which foster a diverse and inclusive work environment; this includes the Boston Scientific Women’s Network, which organises events and activities aimed at supporting women’s advancement and development
- We offer comprehensive learning and development programs to equip our employees with the tools required to advance their careers.