Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Putting it into practice
- Mandatory trainings for our people managers, helping them hire and manage multicultural teams and engage in more open and honest conversations with employees.
- Implementation of the EMEA Diversity and Inclusion Council; a group that focuses on developing strategies on gender for the region.
- Facilitation of flexible working arrangements where possible.
- Boston Scientific sponsors Employee Resource Groups, which foster a diverse and inclusive work environment; this includes a women's network, which organises events and activities aimed at supporting women’s advancement and development.
- We offer comprehensive learning and development programmes to equip our employees with the tools required to advance their careers.
Learning from our Employee Resource Groups
Addressing gender pay imbalances
Our compensation programmes help us to attract, motivate and reward our employees. Our programmes include base pay, bonus pay, shares, health and wellness, learning and career development, retirement and other reward and recognition programmes.
At Boston Scientific, providing equal pay for equal work is rooted in our values and essential to attract and retain a diverse and engaged workforce. We are committed to ensuring all compensation decisions are made without bias. For example, we offer consistent compensation programmes that are market-driven; our pay structures and bonus targets are driven by performance and benchmarked against the market. In addition, our annual pay review process is performance-based, ensuring managers set and review compensation in a way that is gender neutral.
We have implemented a structured process to comply with local regulations wherever we operate and identify best practices. Please find results below from our UK and France gender pay analysis.