Dr. Carole Allimant
Applications for the 2023/2024 programme are now closed.
When we challenge the status quo, we advance the future of interventional radiology and vascular surgery.
Prof. Marianne Brodmann, MD
At Boston Scientific, we believe that diversity is critical to advancing science and that diverse medical teams add value to patient communities by improving communication, experiences and outcomes.
Developed in partnership with experts in the peripheral space, this programme will support women physicians in the early stages of their interventional careers, imparting information and techniques that will optimise the clinical application of our technology and skills that will improve communication with patients and peers about the diseases we treat and the therapy options available.
The programme has been designed to ensure high levels of interactivity and mentoring, and excellent opportunities for building peer-to-peer relationships at face-to-face events.
To receive information regarding future programme opportunities join our mailing list.
The programme has been developed in close co-operation with a panel of senior women specialists who will continue to take an active role in the delivery of the programme and will act as mentors to the participants.
University Hospital of Montpellier, France
Dr. Alex Barnacle
Consultant Paediatric Interventional Radiologist,
Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
Prof. Yeşim Eralp
Oncologist, Acibadem Maslak Hospital,
Prof. Julinda Mehilli
Interventional Cardiologist, Ludwig-Maximilians- University of Munich, Germany
Dr. Marta Lobato
Vascular Surgeon, Hospital de Cruces,
The curriculum comprises a combination of face-to-face events and virtual workshops.
Virtual and Face-to-face
(0,5 – 1,5 days)
Virtual Interpersonal and
Communication Skill Modules
(0,5 day each)
Virtual Mentoring Sessions acc. to
(30-60 min. each)
Clinical Technology (CT) Masterclass Series
- Clinical Technology Masterclass workshops will discuss the challenges and complexities of diseases that we treat, the therapies available and the practical application of Boston Scientific technology. Participants will learn from leading clinical experts about different therapeutic approaches and safe and effective use of our devices.
- The exact content will be refined according to the specific interests of the participants, but topics will include SIRT, ablation, embolisation and endovascular procedures. In addition to virtual modules, participants will attend 1 face-to-face 1.5-day Masterclass (from a choice of 2).
- Topics can include Arterial and Venous interventions, Embolisation, Ablation and SIRT More details to follow tomorrow.
- Modules will be delivered to you virtually and face-to-face.
Increasing Impact Through Communications
- These Communication Skills workshops will enable you to become more confident in communicating with your patients and your team, and in discussing cases in a multidisciplinary setting.
- You will learn how to increase your impact by communicating more effectively with patients and peers about the diseases we treat and the therapy options available.
- Establishing the mentoring agreement with clarity on mentor/mentee posture beyond academics, setting intention and boundaries will allow to establish trust and open communication.
- Dedicate mentoring session with clear expectations on outcomes will provide a effective and enriching mutually beneficial relationship and enabling you to foster and formalize these partnerships in future setting to support your career aspiration and learning journey.
- Applications for the 2025/2026 are open and are invited from woman physicians. They must be in the early stages of their career (<five years) and are practising in Interventional Radiology, Interventional Oncology, Vascular Surgery or Angiology. The geographical scope is Europe, Middle East and South Africa.
- Places are limited to 18.
- In allocating places, consideration will be given to achieving a balanced cohort in terms of specialty and geography, with the final selection determined by a council of senior physicians.
- How do I apply?
Applications for the 2023/2024 programme are now closed. To receive information regarding future programme opportunities join our mailing list.
- Do participants have to pay to follow the programme?
No, the programme is sponsored by Boston Scientific and delivered free of charge to participants.
Travel and accommodation for face-to-face events will be arranged and paid for by Boston Scientific.
- How long does the programme last?
The programme covers an 18-month period.
- What language will the programme be delivered in?
All modules of the programme will be delivered in English.